Ideas for a single skein

I was wandering around through ebay looking at lots of yarn for sale and in doing so came up with a question. Many peole seem to include single skeins of various yarns in a lot. What would you do with them?? The weights and fibers are different so an afghan is not going to work. I have made several one skein scarves and would likely make a few more (love them) but some of the skeins are ony 50g. I don't wear hats very well.

Suggestions or ideas???

Hats can also be made and donated to charities in your area or some cold weather places.

One skein hats and scarves can be made up quickly and when they are donated, it makes you feel good inside that you are helping someone in need.

Just some ideas.

:manyheart

I make amigurumi or squares for one of the charity drives, usually. Or just hold onto it until I wind up with a yarn that will coordinate nicely, as long as I have room to store it.

I make "Happy" bags and "Treasure" bags. Each one is unique.

If it's a type of yarn I know I can add to in the future, even if it is in other colors, I set it aside. Then, when others do come along, I just keep adding. Eventually something with stripes will come out of it ~ a purse or tote ~ or lapghan or afghan.

One skein scarf from the Happy Hooker! One of my very favorite patterns. My mom, aunt, and cousin all loved them, and now my cousins 4 year old wants one too! haha!

I had this same problem, bought discontinued freedom spirit wool 'cause it was49p then realised 50g doesn't go to far, ended up knitting( blasphemy ) a headband called calorimity from Knitty, if you don't do hats headbands let you put your hair up and keep your ears warm!

Depending on the type of yarn, I do use them in the lapghans I crochet for the local nursing home. Lots of times I add a round or two with a novelty yarn. I think it adds a lot of texture to the ghans.

Archived