Question re: washing Bernat Softee Baby

The label says machine wash for 2minutes... how am I supposed to do that? What cycle? Help! :think I'm making a little ripple for my brother-in-law's upcoming daughter and I think washing instructions would be helpful. :) Thanks!

I made a flannelghan with two strands of Bernat Softee Baby. I threw it in the regular wash, with the colors and nothing bad happened. I also threw it in the dryer with the rest of the load and it came out even softer than when I was using it! I have to do wash at the laundrymat, so I don't waste money on "special" cycles or small loads... I have yet to have anything made out of a "normal" acrylic yarn do anything bad in any of the loads I've washed.

I recently washed a baby blanket made from Bernat Softee Chunky that I made for Project Linus (I always wash to remove any pet hairs, allergans, and to make sure I wove all my ends in well enough). I washed it on the regular cycle (my cheap washing machine, which came with the house, doesn't actually have a gentle cycle) with Dreft, and the only problem was some slight pilling. It was soft to work with and I liked the color, but I'd never had nay pill before and wondered if it was specific to this color or something (green and blue ombre). Patty

I have also machine washed this yarn with no problems at all. I used the gentle cycle on my washer but you could use a regular cycle and just toss it in when there is a couple of minutes left.

I've washed the Snuggles I made for my puppy I don't know how many times. I just throw it in with the rest of the wash. I do have a gentle cycle but never enough clothes to actually run a full load.

Then I put it in the dryer. It has become very, very soft. No damage. She loves to snuggle with it as soon as it comes out of the dryer.:c9

Your washing machine has a hand wash cycle. I never heard of that. What does that do? Is it basically a delicate cycle?

Carol:hook

I just washed a sweater made with Softee baby. I used my hand wash cycle on my machine. It came out fine.

Most of the new washing machines and dryers have fabulous cool new features.

so true. my mom's has amazing programmable features. Mine has a delicate 4 min wash. I usually use that for my baby stuff.

Your washing machine has a hand wash cycle. I never heard of that. What does that do? Is it basically a delicate cycle?

Look on your washer and see if there is more than one gentle cycle. Our washer doesn't say hand wash cycle, just gentle wash slow and gentle wash fast. The person who sold us the washer told us the slow was the handwash cycle on that machine.

My washing machine only has gentle cyle. It is like 18 yrs. old or older. But that's pretty cool to have a button that has gentle cycle slow/fast.

Look on your washer and see if there is more than one gentle cycle. Our washer doesn't say hand wash cycle, just gentle wash slow and gentle wash fast. The person who sold us the washer told us the slow was the handwash cycle on that machine.

Archived