Any Avon Ladies Out There?

I just received Campaign 7 catalog and there is a crocheted hat on page 116 that i absolutely love! I want to make this hat, any idea of where i could find a pattern for this hat? Or similar to it? It's called "Open Weave Floppy Hat". I'm sorry I dont have the picture. I tried going to the website to upload picture, but they dont even have campaign 7 on there yet.

I don't know if I can post the link or not, but here it is

Somewhere I thought I just saw a pattern for one... :think... can't remember where... let me look a little.

did you see the crochet purchse in Campaign 5, the yellow and blue purses? Or the circle crochet medalian on the tops?

I think those are great.

ETA

Cool thing to do with a Doily - she explained how she took a doily and made it into a lacy hat. Just don't stiffen the brim to make it more floppy...

That shouldn't be that hard to make up as a hat pattern.

i would have to make it in WW cotton but I might give it a try.

If I can make a hat pattern, I'll post it in Original patterns. If I do it in WW, someone could probably design a crochet cotton version.

Brimmed hat from doily pattern here's another one that took a doily and made it into a hat. I like this one.

Summer hat another one that took a doily pattern.

But then she linked to Drops Design and there was this one that is so similar to the Avon one http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=107&d_id=14〈=us

HAT With THE OPEN FIELDS is another one... PATTERN.

Thank you so much all! I think I will try making the hat with double strands of the #10 thread pink & white. I will post pic when done, and hope if any of you try making this you will post a picture, very interested in seeing different versions! Thanks again!

I don't know if I can post the link or not, but here it is

Somewhere I thought I just saw a pattern for one... :think... can't remember where... let me look a little.

did you see the crochet purchse in Campaign 5, the yellow and blue purses? Or the circle crochet medalian on the tops?

I think those are great.

ETA

Cool thing to do with a Doily - she explained how she took a doily and made it into a lacy hat. Just don't stiffen the brim to make it more floppy...

That link seems to go directly to a reps page and that you cannot post. You could post www.avon.com which is the companies main page and does not go to any one particular rep. It is the same with the purse link for Avon that you put up. I sell Avon and asked Amy about posting like that you and you can't because it is like free advertising which you will profit on which wouldn't be fair to use Crochetville for, since it is free. :)

That link seems to go directly to a reps page and that you cannot post. You could post www.avon.com which is the companies main page and does not go to any one particular rep. It is the same with the purse link for Avon that you put up. I sell Avon and asked Amy about posting like that you and you can't because it is like free advertising which you will profit on which wouldn't be fair to use Crochetville for, since it is free. :)

Really? When I click on the hat picture, then click on "add to order" it doesn't go anywhere. Yes it's youravon.com but it's static and doesn't go to any Avon Representative's site. At least for me. Does it for you?

I guess now we could delete it (and you would have to delete your post with the quote) since she has an answer. I didn't think posting the pic would be acceptable.

Debbi

Really? When I click on the hat picture, then click on "add to order" it doesn't go anywhere. Yes it's youravon.com but it's static and doesn't go to any Avon Representative's site. At least for me. Does it for you?

I guess now we could delete it (and you would have to delete your post with the quote) since she has an answer. I didn't think posting the pic would be acceptable.

Debbi

I fixed my post to reflect the changes as well. :)

Actually, if the link Debbi posted DID go to the site of an Avon rep's site, that would be perfectly fine if the link was not to her own Avon site.

Generally speaking, a member is not allowed to start a thread promoting their business here at Crochetville. However, in the free advertising guidelines, there is a stipulation that a member can RESPOND to a request for specific information, if they have that specific information available. But they have to specifically be addressing only the situation at hand, started by someone else.

That shouldn't be that hard to make up as a hat pattern.

i would have to make it in WW cotton but I might give it a try.

If I can make a hat pattern, I'll post it in Original patterns. If I do it in WW, someone could probably design a crochet cotton version.

If you make one and post a pattern, I would love to see it!

Actually, if the link Debbi posted DID go to the site of an Avon rep's site, that would be perfectly fine if the link was not to her own Avon site.

Generally speaking, a member is not allowed to start a thread promoting their business here at Crochetville. However, in the free advertising guidelines, there is a stipulation that a member can RESPOND to a request for specific information, if they have that specific information available. But they have to specifically be addressing only the situation at hand, started by someone else.

Good to know. Thanks.

Debbi

• 2 weeks later...

I knew I saw one (I thought there was a free one on the net, but maybe not). It's on the Crochet Pattern a Day Calendar 2006, May 1, 2006. It was called "Crochet Picture Hat'. The link to a website brought up a computer website:think so I'm not sure if there's another one available free or elsewhere.

This one used some unusual yarn (sorry don't have the pattern with me) but a size C hook. I'm sure cotton yarn.

Debbi

• 1 month later...

Archived