I DID IT!!!!!

diamond

:clap WOO HOO!!! I did it! I finally did it! I have never made anything from thread before and last night I decided to a) finish a bookmark that I had started and b)made a 2nd bookmark.......both out of #10 thread! I am so excited. I will post pictures later this afternoon. I am so proud of myself!!!! And, they turned out awesome, if I do say so myself!

I have a love-hate relationship with thread. I have a tight guage, and that makes hard for me to work with it sometimes. I love the look though.

Both Julie and I have this problem, too. We've had many a discussion of how to loosen up with thread and it's worked for both of us! (it's also helped me out with yarn crochet!).

I think Julie currently goes up a couple of hook sizes now, which helps her gauge (if she sees this thread, I'm sure she'll chime in).

I have discovered that if I pull my loops down a little further on the hook neck than I'm "supposed" to, it opens them up a bit more and my gauge gets much looser.

I love working with thread! I just hated making 3" doilies that were supposed to be 5"! ;)

Good for you diamond. I have made only two pieces with thread, and never again. It was so tedious for me. I admire anyone that works with thread. It takes will power to see them throw, does for me. I like to have never finished mine. I am just not cut out for thread I guess, but there sure are a lot of lovely pieces out there that only thread can do them justice.

Way to go diamond

Isn't it strange how intimidating thread can seem at first? I did my first thread project this week, and I loved it (it was a bookmark). I've already started on a set of coasters, and I've joined the bookmark exchange. Now I just need to find time to feed my family!:rock

Archived