CrochetGarden-Lisa Naskrent is published!

jura2908

Sharon, I tested a few of the cabled afghans. They are quite easy to work even though they look complex. As far as yarn usage I think that yes they would use as much as a "normal" cabled one (in testing we only did a large swatch and not the whole thing). Her style of writing pattern makes it very easy to follow. And she also has a support forum if you do find that you need help with any of her patterns. Lisa alsohas a few free patterns on Crochet Garden if you want to try one out before buying the book. But those aren't going to have the new cables in there. It would just give you an idea of how she writes. HTH.

I tested the blue one for Lisa. They do use a lot of yarn. I'm not sure how it compares to others because I have only done cables using her designs. She makes it seem simple too. These afghans are so thick and warm. I love them all!

Has anyone tried any of the patterns from Lisa's Cabled afghan book? How did you like it? Was it what you expected? Was it as easy as it says? Do they use as much yarn as regular cabled afghans? I would love to hear comments from those who have tried some of the patterns.

Thanks,

Sharon

Thank you all for the sweet comments and well wishes. I am quite excited. A lot of of work went into those publications!

The patterns in that leaflet range in skill level. The green one is the easiest, and a good one to start out on to understand the technique- which is quite simple in itself. It is when you build on a technique that things become more intricate.

These are also different than your normal cables in both stitch execution and physical appearance. I would call these a cross between a herringbone and braids.. so maybe, herringbraid cables? hehe...

So if anyone plans to get the leaflet, I would start out with the green one, which is depicted on the cover, to build a good foundation. The brown and white ones are the ones more intricate of the 5 patterns. And, if anyone gets stuck, can always email me :)

Archived