Reuseable Produce Bag UPDATE

zeropixie

You did a great job - the first bag I crocheted like that came out huge!!! But I still use it when I sleep over my sil house - its holds alot of stuff - the only problem is that the handles are too long and it actually reaches the floor!!! :lol

Okay I pick up a ball of cotton yarn so I will know exactly who much it takes and will making a another bag from my notes this weekend, then be asking for testers. I think that I will let everyone here have it free for a few weeks and then try to sell it.:)

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

I will be waiting on hooks and needles for this one. I'm always setting on them anyway. :blush

That's really cute! I was thinking about making one that would fit exactly over the hooks on the Walmart carousel that they have for their plastic bags. Then I could just put mine on the hooks and they would load them as usual. Otherwise, I might have to just bag everything myself and there isn't room at Walmart to put down something on a counter. I don't really need all of those plastic bags at home anyway. :hug

Testers have been found.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74697

I spent all weekend working on this and could not for the life of me figure out why I thought the whole thing was worked as one peice. After frogging several dozen times I finally got it written. The only part that might be confusing are the handles. I am left handed so I hope that right handed people will be able to understand it.

Dont' know why this posted:(

Here I am trying to go green by using reusable shopping bags but after a recent trip to the store I relized that I was still using a bunch of plastic for all the produce. After some hard thinking and the green episode of Oprah I came up with this, a small expandable bag. My biggest fear is that it wouldn't hold alot of weight but DD was able get 15 medium sized Gala apples into it and could carry it herself. :tup It is all one piece including the handle so I think this helps.

Here is a photo of it empty, as you can see it's small.

th_crochet070.jpg

Filled with seven sweet potates and seven navel orangesth_crochet072.jpg

TESTERS are Found.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived