What do you know about these books?

I am looking at purchasing some craft books from a book of the month club site and was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with these particular books I'm looking at.

200 Stitch Patterns for Baby Blankets by Jan Eaton

200 Crochet tips, techniques, & trade Secrets by Jan Eaton

The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs by Linda Scahpper

The Complete Book of Crochet Border Designs by Linda Schapper

201 Crochet Motifs, Block Projects, & Ideas by Melody Griffiths

150 Crochet Trims by Sue Smith

Thanks so much! I don't want to purchase one that isn't worth my time.

The "Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs" is a great book to have. It has 500 patterns that you can use to adapt to fit what you need.

The "201 Crochet motifs, blocks, projects and ideas" is also great. This shows how to do shapes, designs, letters and special blocks.

The "200 Crochet tips, techniques, & trade secrets" I was a little disappointed in. It does have some very usful information but I since I've been crocheting for a long time I didn't find it as helpful as I thought. It would be a great book for a beginner.

Hope this helps.:hook

I have "Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs", and I was frustrated by it. The patterns have no 'names' only numbers. So if you've heard of a stitch name, you can't look it up. Otherwise, it is a wonderful resource.

I have The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs by Linda Scahpper

And I love it!!! It is a great book and very well detailed with colored pics of each stitch, written instructions for each stitch and a graph for each stitch. I use it alot... I never though of the fact that there are no names given to each stitch.... I guess that would be nicer than numbers but I think so many people have different names for each stitch it would be a bit difficult to get the correct name for each stitch. They are however in differnt catagories... like: Single crochet, double crochet , v stitches, simple shells, clusters, wrap around stitches, puff stitches, popcorn stitches.... and many many more catagories. I would highly recommend this book!

Archived