Beaded Stitch Markers

LadiBug329

I did these yesterday and wanted to know you all's opinion. I based them on what I've seen on Etsy & Ebay.

th_DSCF0131.jpgth_DSCF0136.jpg

My personal opinion is the hoops are a bit large for stitch markers, but that allows more room to add pretties like beads and charms. The hook style, i'm really not sure about either. Have you all used any beaded markers and if so which styles do you prefer? I thought about getting some clasps and making that style too.

I've had my beading supplies for a couple years now, but never did anything with them...scared whatever I made would break or fall apart :blush Did some stuff over the past summer with hemp and beads and now these...anyway, let me know whatcha think - Positive and Negative.

I agree with Rustic Okie - beautiful! I use markers all the time and have been using the kind of spiral plastic kind... ahh ring markers by Lion Brand

http://www.lionbrand.com/hooksAndNeedles.html

But yours are sooo much prettier! Do the ones with bigger or more beads tend to be heavy? I think I'd prefer to use the ones in the 136.jpeg (the one with 5 or 6 markers. They might be lighter and less likely to catch on things...

Thanks y'all. I just wanted to know too if they were practical. I tried inserting them in a square I have done and the hooped ones went in much easier than the hooked ones, but it was in a sc stitch.

Do the ones with bigger or more beads tend to be heavy?

I don't think so, the beads aren't really very big and they are glass, so I don't think they're heavy...heavier than the plasitc split hoops tho - I have some of those too.

I dont remember what these dealios are called.... but this is what I use to make stitch markers and they seem to work really well. It took me awhile to find numbered beads.. but the ones in the pic are the one not currently being used... I have two sets 0 thru 9 so I can use when I am taking a breat from a project ... I can mark what number row I am on. I also have lettered ones so I can also attach to my projects to remind me of the hook size I am using on it!

010908020-2.jpg

I dont remember what these dealios are called.... but this is what I use to make stitch markers and they seem to work really well. It took me awhile to find numbered beads.. but the ones in the pic are the one not currently being used... I have two sets 0 thru 9 so I can use when I am taking a breat from a project ... I can mark what number row I am on. I also have lettered ones so I can also attach to my projects to remind me of the hook size I am using on it!

010908020-2.jpg

This is brilliant!!!!!! Where did you find these? Or did you make your own? Absolutely brilliant!!! :manyheart

I think your beaded markers are pretty. I bought some beaded stitch markers for knitting (they are an enclosed circle) at a craft fair and I think I paid $10 for them. It was a set of four (6?) and had beads with a little red heart at the end and I really like them.

~ Debby

I did these yesterday and wanted to know you all's opinion. I based them on what I've seen on Etsy & Ebay.

th_DSCF0131.jpgth_DSCF0136.jpg

My personal opinion is the hoops are a bit large for stitch markers, but that allows more room to add pretties like beads and charms. The hook style, i'm really not sure about either. Have you all used any beaded markers and if so which styles do you prefer? I thought about getting some clasps and making that style too.

I've had my beading supplies for a couple years now, but never did anything with them...scared whatever I made would break or fall apart :blush Did some stuff over the past summer with hemp and beads and now these...anyway, let me know whatcha think - Positive and Negative.

They're beautiful! They look like jewelry for your yarn!

010908020-2.jpg

Excellent idea!

• 4 months later...

010908020-2.jpg

I have used the plastic slotted kind for yarn projects. I find that they are too big for the thread crochet using the smaller threads. I applaud your idea for including the letters for the size of hook being used. :blush I guess this means I need to make some, so I will stop purchasing duplicate hooks. As I currently keep a hook with the WIP so I do not need to guess later. (Most of the time. :blush

These are called lever back earrings and this is a brilliant use for them. I love the lettered ones. I am forever forgetting which hook goes with which project. Do you take orders for these?

I dont remember what these dealios are called....

010908020-2.jpg

I think yours turned out beautiful! Someone was right when they said jewelry for your crocheting.

I use stitch markers all the time and here is what I would tell you that work best for me:

I use ones similar to what SPRAT605 does, with that type of hook/clasp or I do have some with a lobster clasp on them and they work great too. Mine are just decorative type ones, none with letters or numbers on them. That is a great idea! I think if you get the stitch markers too big they are too hard to work with.

I personally would use the ones you made with the rings for wine glass charms rather than stitch markers. If you curl up the straight end to feed into the little ring on the other side they will stay put on the glass stem. (If that is what you decide to do with them.)

However, I do want to say they are beautiful and you did a great job on them! You should be proud of your work.

Archived