What is your favorite thing to crochet?

What is your ONE favorite thing to crochet?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your ONE favorite thing to crochet?

• Granny square afghan
    • Ripple afghans
    • Other types of afghans
    • Anything filet
    • Adult wearables
    • Baby & Child wearables
    • Decorations, home decor
    • Clothes for dolls and bears
    • Toys, Amigurumi, angels
    • Doilies

Anything I can turn around and sell.

I'm not ashamed of it, I'm a little capitalist!

(Seriously, I like spiral scrubbies, and doing simple repetitive rows while I watch TV. Ami toys are fun, but I have to be in the right mood for them.)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hats of all kinds !!!! Toddler/infant preemie !!!! I love taking the patterns from Shelle and Julee and making all sizes by using different yarns and hooks.What a great feeling to see them all and know I'll be able to donate them ................

• 4 weeks later...

I am fairly new to crochet. I started trying to learn but got frustrated because I thought I was doing it wrong, put down my hook and kept on knitting...and then sewing...and then started art classes...and baking...and FINALLY picked up my hook again in search of the ripple.

My Granny made ripple afghans when I was little (and before I was born) and I got a baby ripple afghan out of it, but she developed arthritis before she could teach me (tomboy) to crochet. Twenty some odd years later, I started my own ripple afghan using the retina searing colors I so wanted as a child, magenta, lime, and purple! I also have a ripple scarf that I am working on and I'm working out a pattern for a ripple hat that is more of a cloche style than the ski cap I've found here (which inspired me to make the cloche).

I guess what I'm saying is that that pattern that Granny loved so many years ago is what inspired me and will always be close to my heart (and my chilly toes)!

I am fairly new to crochet. I started trying to learn but got frustrated because I thought I was doing it wrong, put down my hook and kept on knitting...and then sewing...and then started art classes...and baking...and FINALLY picked up my hook again in search of the ripple.

My Granny made ripple afghans when I was little (and before I was born) and I got a baby ripple afghan out of it, but she developed arthritis before she could teach me (tomboy) to crochet. Twenty some odd years later, I started my own ripple afghan using the retina searing colors I so wanted as a child, magenta, lime, and purple! I also have a ripple scarf that I am working on and I'm working out a pattern for a ripple hat that is more of a cloche style than the ski cap I've found here (which inspired me to make the cloche).

I guess what I'm saying is that that pattern that Granny loved so many years ago is what inspired me and will always be close to my heart (and my chilly toes)!

YES!

My mother, a few aunts and some grandmothers all made half-double afghans, in bright primary colors, mixed with lots of browns and oranges.

Ugly things, but I am egar to make one, because the thought of one leaves me feeling warm and loved.

YES!

My mother, a few aunts and some grandmothers all made half-double afghans, in bright primary colors, mixed with lots of browns and oranges.

Ugly things, but I am egar to make one, because the thought of one leaves me feeling warm and loved.

I think that both of those reasons are why I wanted my ripple! I always wanted one as a child and young adult that wasn't one of the UGLY colors we had. Of course, looking back our color combos weren't so bad, brown with cream and another cream tan and green, they were just muted and earthy in that 70s kind of way. My granny did go for some of the weird combos too though. The funny thing is that now, I appreciate those color combos for their kitch value as well as the reminder of my granny. I am just choosing new and updated weird color combos for mine, I guess

I have done alot of afghans. Most of them were for gifts. I love doing unusual afghans. I love and I mean really love doing pineapples.I have done afghans in pineapples and doilies also. Often it is the pattern that catches my eye.

Archived