Need urgent ideas!

I want to make something for a friend of mine. I want it to be kind of elegant like a doily and I only have less than 5 days to do it, she loves cats but I want to do something that she will really appreciate, I would love to make a doily (if anyone knows of a beginer pattern) I have crochet thread in size 10 in black, white and ucru (sp?) with hooks size 00-8. please help!

Your best bet is to go to Crochet Pattern Central and look to see what you can handle in less than 5 days. A doily, for me anyway, would require more than 5 days.

It there something you friend really likes, like butterflies, frogs, birds?

There is a nice pattern for the crinlione ladies (spelling) that can be attached to each other to make a doily. You could do one in white and one in black.

Hope this helps some.:hook

Give this one a try, it works up quick and still looks like you spent alot of time on it. Because some people don't know what to do with a doily I like to frame them so they can be displayed as art.

http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/petitepine.htm

I think it would be possible to make the pineapples in one color and the final rounds of scallops in between the pineapples in another color with only 1 color change

Free patterns has a 5 hour doily

Five-Hour Doily

Crochet

I did this one and it is very easy and pretty.

Here's a link to the one I did

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31514

So it is doable to do one in 5 days... I don't even know if it took me 5 hours.

How about doing some sqaure motifs? On the last day have together as many as you can do, then add the boarder that day. This will be how big your doily will be.

You could also do doilies in 2 strands of size 10 thread, I've done those (check my blog for December) and they are quick and easy to do and look good, I think. You could use the 00 hook (I used an F hook).

Debbi

Added: Found another one... Net Stitch Flower Doily, on JPF says it can be done in an evening... maybe make her 2...

How about other things in Size 10 thread...

Potpourri Pouch/Sachet you can check CPC for other patterns that are similar, look under Sachets.

Flowers would be real pretty and you could do Roses. Which would be real pretty. White roses are beautiful.

Bookmarks would be a great gift. Maybe with a favorite author or book.

easy doily some other easy and quick doilies.

looking for thread patterns, no doilies has other patterns and ideas beside doilies that are thread.

I still suggest bookmarks, unless she's not much of a reader (some people aren't).

Cell phone holder? Maybe do a lacy or mesh one? I don't know if there's a pattern, but doable...

Mini doily and sew onto towel or napkins or pillow case or...

Coin purse.

Lipbalm or lipstick keychain holder (I think there's a size 10 pattern on here somewhere)

Jewelry

Candle & napkin rings (something to go around a pretty candle when not lit)

Buy a t-shirt or other shirt and add some embellishments that are in thread. My coworker had a super cute skirt with lace inserts and edging which I thought... hmm... I think I saw something similar in a crochet magazine. Oh Crochet Today in 2006 had a skirt with several different sizes and shades of doilies sewn on it. Probably not enough time to do all that, but a few might be nice if you feel comfortable buying her a skirt.

Watch band, I remember seeing one of those in thread somewhere...

There are some size 10 therad dishclothes, nice (I haven't done them)

Towel toper.

Little bath cloth with some nice bath supplies.

Jar lid cover. These are so cute. You could put it over any jar. Maybe fill an empty jar yourself.

Cutwork Glass Bowl at freepatterns.com. Super nice, fill with something or give empty.

Flower Basket also at freepatterns.com. These sometimes are called flower girl baskets for weddings, but you could add something else to them or leave them up to her.

Not sure what else....

Maybe some more information might help us help you locate a pattern...

Did you have something else in mind? What does she like? Does she have any favorites we can use to local patterns? What are her tastes?

Debbi

easy doily some other easy and quick doilies.

looking for thread patterns, no doilies has other patterns and ideas beside doilies that are thread.

I still suggest bookmarks, unless she's not much of a reader (some people aren't).

*snipped for brevity*

WOW! You are an idea machine!!!!!!!! What great ideas! :yay

Archived