Tunisian graph crochet HELP

Chiscrochetcrazy

Question

Ok so I'm starting this project for hubby and My first issue is I don't understand exactly what I'm supposed to do with the dropped yarn and then how do you avoid it pulling the project in like bunching up?? I've read instructions but they don't explain really well these things.

10 answers to this question

I don't know the pattern that you are using, but I've had that same problem before.

Check this pattern out! I found it the other day and made a square. What made it easier for me is you use a regular crochet hook, (like I am use to) to make the square. It turned out so nice. I am going to make my next project in this square.

A baby afgan.

Now I just have to pick my colors :hook .

Here is the link.

Hope you like it.

MaryM's Goofy Basket 'Ghan

http://www.geocities.com/mountainhome1999/gg.htm

Thanks Kahud :hug that is cool but it won't work for what I'm doing . I'm making hubby a blanket with a big Harley Davidson Emblem on it, my issue isn't the stitch or the hook I've done things in tunisian or afghan stitch before , it's just the how to carry the yarn and such. I've never done anything were I have to carry yarn in this stitch.

I've worked a lot with bobbins and graphs. If the "float" or length of yarn to cross behind the work is more that three or four stitches I use a separate bobbin of yarn at each end of the color change. Does that help any? So there will be two bobbins at each color change. You will end up with a whole mess of them across the back of the work.

for my dh too. I was doing single crochet. It had a ton of bobbins and color changes. I ended up frogging it! I like to watch tv and crochet and it was just more than I could do at that time. Good luck!

Archived