felting w/ funfur?

There is a pattern in Beyond Basic Crocheting that has a felted purse with fun fur. The fur just needed fluffing after the purse was felted. Hope that helps.:)

There was an online pattern for a felting project (hat?) with fun fur rows. it was actually quite nice and I am not usually a fan of fake fur.

this written by the very same person who just bought 3 balls of white fake fur...:eek

:rofl

There was an online pattern for a felting project (hat?) with fun fur rows. it was actually quite nice and I am not usually a fan of fake fur.

this written by the very same person who just bought 3 balls of white fake fur...:eek

:rofl

I remember seeing a pattern somewhere for a really pretty purse that was felted but that had fun fur in it as well. If I had a desire to felt I would have tried it, but my only felting experience has been an unintentional one that resulted in eight new cat toys. :lol

I had bought two lots of a very pretty light pink wool/cotton blend from Jojo, and I made a top out of some of it for myself, and I was going to use the rest to make a shrug for a friend for Christmas. The only problem was that the yarn had been discovered by a couple of my cats, who decided that they would like to sleep on it until such time as it had a designated project. I figured it would be best to freshen up the yarn AFTER making the item, but DH was in one of his "I'm going to surprise the wife and do the chores" moods, and so he took the yarn and put it into a laundry bag, and he washed it with the clothes. Then he DRIED it with the clothes. He was so proud of himself, having had the sense to put it into a laundry bag so that it didn't get all messed up. I asked him "what's in the bag, honey?" when he came up from the laundry room with the wash, and he proudly said "I thought I'd surprise you and freshen up that pink yarn you were going to use for Dee's Christmas present", and he opened up the bag and went to dump out what he thought was going to be eight nice, clean skeins of yarn, and what came out was eight pink felt "tennis balls". The cats immediately started to bat them around the kitchen floor, and as apologetic as DH was, I couldn't do anything but laugh at what had happened. Had I known what he was up to I would have stopped him, since the yarn was predominantly wool with only about 15% cotton. He is so supportive of my hobby (he's the one who bid $40 on Ebay to win me the Indian Blanket pattern), he lets me spend basically whatever I want on yarn, there was no way I could be angry with him over it. So that was my felting experience. Life goes on. :rofl

Elle

Archived