Yarn Bras

Guest jennrz4

Guest jennrz4

hehehe (she said bra) hehehe:p

I got some of these at Jo-Ann's about a week ago..funny but quite usefull little things.

It's sort of a stretchy plastic mesh that you put over your skein so that as it empties it doesn't get all floppy. (remind you of anything?) LOL!

Ok - sorry for the crass humor...couldn't help myself.

Anyway - give them a try if you see them. I think they work great.

Jenn

My Blog

I use knee high stockings (usually clean;) ), they work the same way. I bought some of the white ones for $.25 a pair at walmart. I also used the knee high to put the clipped ends of yarn in. It holds a lot and you can just take it to a trash can and turn it inside out to empty it, or if you're saving the snippings to stuff toys with, you can just leave them in the stocking. :rock

I haven't seen those but I will look. I've been taking quart or gallon sized ziploc bags and punching a hole in the bottom of them. It's especially nice for yarn that isn't center-pull but wound into a ball. The yarn just rolls around inside the bag and I don't have to chase it all over the place.

I've been taking quart or gallon sized ziploc bags and punching a hole in the bottom of them. It's especially nice for yarn that isn't center-pull but wound into a ball.

I really like that idea! I've been putting the ball into my yarn bag lately, but before I would always let it roll around in the seat next to me. The ziploc bag is a great idea! :rock

• 3 months later...
Guest SamplerLady

Two or three litre soda bottles work wonderfully, too. I cut out a section on the side, slide the skein inside and guide the yarn from the center of the skein out the top of the bottle. Keeps them clean, away from cat claws, and grubby fingers of the two-year-old! :D

Coffee cans with a hole cut in the top of the snap on lid work great for small skeins and balls.

Granted, these aren't very portable, but gee, some of our work is done at home sitting in the easy chair, right? :D

I use the Yarn Bras, too...they're great for keeping the yarn from collapsing when you're at the end of a center pull skein, because they just keep pushing in from all sides. I actually need to go and buy more of them!

• 1 month later...

Archived