Organizing tip-

I have learned so much and have gotten so many new patterns from this site I decided to share what I have been doing to organize all those patterns!

I had an old cardboard file box, one of the cheap kind from Wal-Mart complete with hanging files. I sorted all my loose patterns into categories and labeled the files. Now I can find what I'm looking for! Read this tip somewhere and I followed it, instead of staggering the labels on the files just line them up on one side. It is so much easier to read than staggered.

Hope this helps someone. Now I just have to get to the rest of the room, yarn and WIP's!

I organize my patterns in big notebooks, I use plastic sheets to cover the pattern and then organzie the patterns by category. I like your idea as well, anything to organize the paper ...

I use binders too, with sheet protectors. Most of them are different colors, and I just memorized which color held what type patterns. I also have a small spiral notebook that I have jotted down some tips, techniques, and a few short patterns, or specific pattern stitches. THEN, I have a plastic bin full of crochet magazines, some from as much as 15 years ago... but I rarely look through them anymore.

Actually, I have tons more patterns than I will ever use... but I can't resist grabbing every one that is appealing to me. I have kept some tear-offs, too, they are in the pockets of the binders.

I also like the binder. I would be afriad of crushing the cardboard box with my other junk:blush. :lol.

I'm a secretary and I like to color code my labels and stagger the file folders. Most of mine folders are thick. If they're thin then I like to stagger.

I also like the binder. I would be afriad of crushing the cardboard box with my other junk:blush. :lol.

I'm a secretary and I like to color code my labels and stagger the file folders. Most of mine folders are thick. If they're thin then I like to stagger.

That's why I have a metal cabinet :lol. My file got too fat, so I organized them and tried get rid of some (they refused to go :no). Now I have 4 medium files (soon to be 5) :rofl

Ellie 13

I organize my patterns in big notebooks, I use plastic sheets to cover the pattern and then organzie the patterns by category. I like your idea as well, anything to organize the paper ...

I do the same as Alibra.

My neighbor next door to me had a leak in her closet and my things got mess up. So a cardboard box won't work for me. Since the leak everything my in my closet are the plastic storage boxes.

Your idea is great also, keep organizing everyone.

I started out putting patterns in the sheet protectors but realized I just have too many patterns to do this. After I use a pattern, and if I like it, then it goes into a sheet protector and a notebook. Just easier, and cheaper for me.

Archived