Doin' The Happy Dance!!!

A few days ago, Threadlover posted photos of a tabletopper that she did by Elizabeth Hiddleson that had bees all around the edge of it. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it, and I immediately went and Googled Elizabeth Hiddleson to find some sites with her books so that I could have some of her patterns. One of the links I found was to an Ebay auction and when I clicked on it, lo and behold, it was for the book that has the bee tabletopper in it! I placed my bid, and I received an email earlier this evening telling me that I WON!!! The best part is the book only cost me $2.50!!! Even with the shipping it's under $5!! I can't wait to get it so I can start it! :hook

Elle

Way to go on your win Elle! I just love finding pattern books on eBay.

I had one I was watching that ended last night that was for 8 E.H. books. I forgot about it and the auction was over by the time I remembered.

Good bargain! Great pattern!

Here are more Hiddelson patterns:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=crochet+hiddleson

Thanks! And thanks for the link! I put in bids on two more books. We'll see if I win them. I was absolutely enthralled with Patricia Kristoffersen's doilies, and now I'm just as taken with Elizabeth Hiddleson's designs! I am going to be VERY busy with thread in the coming months!

Elle

Way to go on your win Elle! I just love finding pattern books on eBay.

I had one I was watching that ended last night that was for 8 E.H. books. I forgot about it and the auction was over by the time I remembered.

Thank you! :)

Ohhh, I HATE it when I miss things that I've been watching! It has happened to me several times in the past and it's SO frustrating! Hopefully another multiple book auction will come along that you'll be interested in.

Elle

Can't wait to see pics,Elle!

It will probably be a while until I've got anything but a couple of doilies done. :lol I don't know why, but I always tend to choose the biggest, most involved projects I can find. I know I should do some smaller ones in between, so that at least it feels like I've done something to completion every once in a while. I feel like all of my stuff is always WIPs because I pick projects that take months to finish! :lol

Elle

Congratulations on your win. That is how I filled in my collection of her books. I can't wait to see yours when you finish. It is so summery looking on my round table.

Marcia

Thanks, Marcia. And thanks again for posting the photo of the one you did. It gave me the inspiration to want to do one of my own. :)

Elle

WAY to go...CONGRATS..Sounds really pretty...

Thanks! There is a photo of it on page 3 of this thread. I tried to link it, but the connection kept timing out when I opened a new window and tried to open the thread a second time. The name of the thread is "Bee table topper". It's a GORGEOUS piece and Threadlover did a BEAUTIFUL job on it!

Elle

Here are more Hiddelson patterns:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=crochet+hiddlesonThanks! And thanks for the link! I put in bids on two more books. We'll see if I win them. I was absolutely enthralled with Patricia Kristoffersen's doilies, and now I'm just as taken with Elizabeth Hiddleson's designs! I am going to be VERY busy with thread in the coming months!

Elle

My pleasure!

They are very addicting and inspiring! I am looking at all of my Hiddleson's right now!

Archived