Doris Day Crocheted Hat

Tia

I was watching the Doris Day Show on DVD (Netflix) and saw her wearing this hat! Sorry the pics aren't any better, it's hard to take a pic of the TV screen.

DSC01425.jpg

DSC01427.jpg

DSC01426.jpg

Isn't it GROOVY!:)

:)..what a great hat....I remember Doris Day has a fan site for the old tv show somewhere on the internet; maybe you could ask them about it...

this pattern below ..maybe with some "stiff stuff" on the brim and working the stitches could come pretty close?...

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=107&d_id=16〈=en

thanks for bringing us back to the "good old days":hook

Thanks for posting that link Red, that's a real pretty hat! I can see if you just changed the brim....

:hug

:hook Hi Tia...I like that pattern too and have put it on my to do list for spring...the color of her hat is gorgeous I think its a turquoise?

:hook Hi Tia...I like that pattern too and have put it on my to do list for spring...the color of her hat is gorgeous I think its a turquoise?

Actually it was a light purple like lilac or lavender...on the pinkish side as opposed to a bluish purple. It was just really hard to get a good picture of it. If you have Netflix, I saw it on season 3, disc 2. I believe the episode was titled Lost and Found.

Actually it was a light purple like lilac or lavender...on the pinkish side as opposed to a bluish purple. It was just really hard to get a good picture of it. If you have Netflix, I saw it on season 3, disc 2. I believe the episode was titled Lost and Found.

:) Thank you Tia ...I was wondering where you saw the show recently thats great info....I enjoyed her show...if you watch her old pics her clothes were gorgeous!...thanks for telling me the color....:hug

Archived