A New Tote Bag

eurolyons

Yesterday I finished up a sweater for a friend and posted this thread showing it off:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=70324

Right after that, I still had some of the yarn left over and made me up a lined tote bag that I'll use for when I go shopping.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BZuHDlwyaqJmA

The lining is snakeskin printed demin for strength and to keep the bag from stretching out.

I hope you like. Let me know if my links don't work...I did doublecheck them and they did work for me.

Oh jeez, I forgot to add some particulars:

The bottom part of the bag is done in what's called a Leafhopper stitch that is in the Reader's Digest Knitting and Crocheting Stitch Encyclopedia. It's a heavily textured, work around post type of stitch. Very fun to work with. The top part is done in single crochet and the edging is done in reverse crochet.

I really like that.. Nice work. :yay

I am on the look out now because of all the talk of

"getting rid of plastic bags". Better start making some Market Bags soon!

:manyheart

Thank you for the compliments. Living over here in Germany we have quite the collection of reuseable shopping bags...this doesn't entirely replace the plastic bags (especially since we do our grocery shopping at the commissary and we get far too many plastic bags on our weekly shopping trip...I could probably carpet the entire flat if I decided to crochet a rug out of the plastic bags and then some.) So we are a bit ahead of the game...

I'm so glad you like the bag...

It's awesome! Such an elegant looking bag for shopping! I'm not a shoe lady but I go crazy for totes!

Me too...I love bags and boxes and baskets...(hey...there's a good name for a business...)

Archived