You kids are killing me!

I cruise this forum and find so many awesome things you all have made! Sheesh, saw the Bow Knot afghan someone made, had to try that, have a couple drops sweaters on the hook and another giant Granny ghan....now I want to make more doilies and oh, someone posted a link to some great scarves....not good.......I am Dawn, Queen of unfinished projects:lol Oh well, I gave all the scarves away I made the past few months and you can never have too many ghans or doilies. Guess I'm a work in progress.:yes

How very true, we look at all these beautiful things our fellow crafters make and think, I would love to make that...and that....and that...so many projects so little time!!

How very true, we look at all these beautiful things our fellow crafters make and think, I would love to make that...and that....and that...so many projects so little time!!

Exactly! Wouldn't it be nice just to be able to crochet all day and have unlimited funds to do whatever we wanted. We'd have a world filled with crochet!

:manyheart

Well there really IS so much. What I have gathered just in free patterns is astonishing.

I never knew there were patterns on the Net until a year ago. I was telling my older sister I wanted to find a few very basic patterns that I could adapt in different ways on my own. She told me there were a lot of patterns on the Net, and that many were free. I was stunned! I never knew.

And that's how I found Crochetville. A number of women said Crochetville was their favorite place to go hang out, so I had to come see for myself.

Oh what a year this has been!

seriously, I add at least one new project to my to do list every day! I have more patterns than I could ever tackle in a lifetime. I just need to force myself to finish at least one WIP before I start a new one! I have gotten soooo much inspiration from the 'ville!:manyheart:hook

Linda I agree with you holeheartdely. Most of the time I love bad weather so I can't do anything else but crochet. I am having such time trying to decide what threads and patterns to load in the motorhome for our 2 month trip. Everyday I change my mind about something. I only have a couple weeks left to decide. I could care less about the other things, like clothes,food, ect. The crochet things are the most important on my list. Such a dilema.

Marcia

Marcia ~ Take it all with you! Take a huge variety anyway!

Yes, there are the long term WIP's and I do work on them, but when I look at all the things made here, I get inspired. I just made socks. They're more like slipper socks because I made them out of worsted weight for my first sock project, but they're really SOCKS. I never would have dreamed of doing them before I came here. They are really cute and they fit! I want to do another pair, then get up the nerve to go down to sport weight.

OMG ~ bags! I love bags. Who would think there could be so many bag patterns ~ totes, purses, beachbags, shopping bags, shoulder bags, drawstring bags, clutches, you name it.

I'm all thumbs when it comes to thread items, but there's always tons of other things to make. It keeps me happy.

I agree, there is so much out there that tempts me! I think I get as much enjoyment out of starting a new project, just to see how the pattern looks after a few rows, than in finishing one! There are some very talented people here on this forum, some absolutely gorgeous articles they've made... I could never compete with them, but I will hopefully get a few pictures posted soon.... if I can get them uploaded on my computer.

If I start surfing the web and looking at patterns, I end up spending hours saving or printing out patterns... and I already have 6 binders of patterns... that I will never live long enough to make! It is addictive. I've thought of weeding out some that I'm sure I won't get to... but how can I choose which ones to throw away? Oh, I can't just discard them... that would be wasteful! So... I tuck them back behind the sofa and... go print out some more! How crazy is that?

• 2 months later...

So many patterns so little time! But I figure I will have lots of time when I am older and all the kids gone. Right now it is the only thing keeping me sane! Plus after that story at Lionbrand newsletter, How To Stay Married, Iam all for it.

Does anyone else get the idea that maybe some of us spend more time looking for patterns and buying yarn than we actually spend making something? Well, lately I've decided that I will spend more time actually crocheting than looking for stuff. I need to use up some of my stash before I buy anymore. I know.. the sales are too good to pass up.. and there are so many beautiful patterns to try out... but I love to crochet, so I try to spend a few hours every day doing it! And I have actually finished a few things in the past month or so, but need to finish a few more. It's just that... when I see some of these gorgeous things some of you make... I want to make it too. Oh and the magazines... can't get enough of looking at the pretty things in those.

Archived