whew, huge round ripple.....pics here!

Wow, I think I'm done my 12 pt round ripple. :cheer:clapI started it before or during the christmas holidays! I've used the big 16oz skeins of red heart yarn. 3 skeins so far. I do have a 4th skein, but think i will save that for something else. Right now, I'm 5' 4" and the blanket is taller than me! I'm not sure what to do with it now, I've got ends to weave in. THe first skein of red heart had tonnes of breaks in it, and little wee knots. But the other two didn't, It was weird though, with the 3rd skein, that there were a couple of places where the yarn got thick and kinda weird.

I think that I will take a picture with it on the couch. So the size is more noticible. I love the way the middle looks! One thing I noticed, is that the points curl. Is there a way to stop this? would crocheting looser do it?

PICTURES!!!!

th_rrandhat005.jpg

th_rrandhat003.jpg

That sounds great.

Sometimes, the RH does that thick and thin thing. It's enough to drive someone crazy.

If you write to red Heart about the problem, they will replace it.

They may take complaints on their website or write them a snail mail letter with the label information. They are pretty good about fixing their problems.

:manyheart

Can't wait to see it.

I hate it when you find joins and lumpy bits in a ball.

I always thought maybe it was because I bought cheap wool :blush

I have just been using some Wendy wool and it was awful I expected more from Wendy.

Is it something that happens no matter what wool you use? :think

Looking forward to the photos :yes

Ok, I've got pictures taken, but photobucket is slow! it won't upload the pics from my computer to photobucket. dang it. But i'm working on it. Last time, I had to bulkload each pic separately, for it to work. but this time, either doing each picture the regular way, or bulk loading won't work.

Very nice rr, good color choice. How big is it point to point?? The curling ends, I have noticed happened when I didn't keep up the 2 large shell, 1 small shell rows, I know when mine are curling, I have done too many large shell rows. The small shells help balance it out. I have only done a few rrs though I may be wrong. There are others here like Aggie May who may be able to help you more.

Nice job!

Archived