"Quick & Easy Crochet"

charkitty

My subscription to "Quick & Easy Crochet" magazine is coming to an end. I definitely will not be renewing. There was not one pattern I liked. Also, didn't like the format....all (color) pictures of the items listed first, then instructons...too much flipping back and forth. I did like the smaller size of magazine...easy to tuck away in tote bag. $25.00 for 6 issues....not worth it!

Anyone else subscribe? What do you think?

charkitty

I've gotten used to the format of instructions in the back with the knitting magazines, I know it's easier to plan the page layouts and stuff for the magazine, but, geez, that doesn't mean I like it. Another nice thing about Crochet Today's format.

I got a recent catalog from lion brand that is doing the same thing - all the purchasing info in the back, really irks me to flip back and forth to decide if I'm interested in a pattern, and the yarn section is too small to really make out much of the colors and textures.

There used to be (or still is) a crochet magazine, and used to be one for knitting as well, in the 'pocket' sized format. I miss that. Been too long for me to remember the title of the either one. Neither one is available locally on the stands.

I don't like the Q&E Crochet website - I want to be able to peek at the inside of a magazine before I decide to buy it. I don't like Crochet Fantasy's website either - but I hear they are out of business, despite all the services that still list them as an available subscription.

I've often thought that we could get more crochet magazines on the stands if we changed the titles to "Quilting with Yarn' - so many quilting and beading magazines out there it's almost unreal ...

I don't like that either, but what I do is photo copy the directions and put them into a clear plastic sleeve with the picture on the back. Then I don't mess up my magazine when I keep taking it in and out of my crochet bag. I didn't know they were still making Quick and Easy Crochet. I used to like it! I am not renewing my subscription to Hooked on Crochet. I had it for a year and didn't make one thing from them. That's my rule, if I didn't even make one project, then I don't renew but I look at it on the stand at JoAnn's and only buy a single copy if there is something in it that I really want to make. This way, I am not overrun with magazines. :hook

I agree with everyone 100%. I used to LOVE the magazines, couldn't wait to get them in the mail (pre-internet days in a very small town with NO crochet resources what-so-ever) but now? Not so much.

One would think that because of the internet they would step up their game just to compete? There is a whole new world of designers and yarns out there (and trust me, I am really getting sick of almost every pattern I run across made from some bulky Lion Brand, novelty yarn or some expensive out of the ordinary yarn...don't get me wrong, I love LB just as much as the next person but c'mon..give us some variety!)

There is room for improvement and there is room for a great magazine...hmmm...perhaps we should start our own? The Crochetville Monthly...the best of the board brought right to your doorstep!

:clap:clap:clap

I hear ya - it was the only corchet magazine on a fundraiser list - so I thought I'd try it out. What a waste. They do have a variety of patterns, but most of them just seem strange to me. Just not my taste I suppose.

My husband ordered Quick & Easy Crochet for me recently... I used to subscribe to it years ago, when it was a pocket-sized format.... I received my first issue of it a couple weeks ago, and it was a big disappointment. It is magazine-sized now, mostly black and white thin pages, when it used to be pocket-sized and all in color. I don't think I will renew it.

Archived