End of the year teacher gifts

Sonny321

Question

Any thoughts on small, quick and simple end of the year teacher gifts?

They need to be small because my budget is screaming for mercy and I'd need to use what I have on hand, and quick and simple because I've already got 14 works in progress :eek . My sons' teachers have been phenominal this year, and one in particular has had SUCH a rough year. I really want to make them something cool, but usable.

Sonny

10 answers to this question

What about cup cozies, check out the cool Java Cozies that were just posted in Show & Tell. Or maybe, dishclothes, kitchen scrubbies, bath scrubbies would be great, hot pads, flower pins, butterfly pins

Here's a great site to look:

http://home.inreach.com/marthac/links.html

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory.php

OH...I must be getting Old Timer's disease....what's the name of that gorgeous butterfly everyone was recently discussing here? M***'s G Butterfly??? For the life of me, I cannot find it or remember the correct name. I remember it was fast & easy and turns out gorgeous!

http://www.crochetmemories.com/archive/december8.html

I was looking at this the other day.....haven't made it so I can't say how fast it goes, but it's an idea!

What a cute idea! A pencil & an apple bookmark. That would be perfect for any teacher and we all know they have books!!!

Just a few things I have done for teachers...hopefully this helps!

Last year for school a few parents put about $5 each in a pot (I was in charge of the gift) and we made beach bags for each of the teachers our children had. I crocheted beach bags, included a sun hat, lotion, bottle of water and a few snacks, favorite book, magazine...and a few other little things. Everything they would need for the beach! They loved it!

This year, before we left Germany, I did another basket for the teacher. It was a bath basket. I made a bath puffie thing, cross stitched a few towels, added candles, soap, a small bath pillow and a book. The whole thing cost maybe $20.

The teacher was also from Texas, so for Christmas I made her a Texas Flag lapghan.

This year, I will be putting together another basket for the end of the year. For both of my daugther's teachers, I will be making a small basket, including a favorite book, Starbucks cups x 3 filled with homemade cookies, eclairs and candy. I will line the cups, of course, with the Java Jackets. I will add a Starbucks Gift Certificate for $10 and maybe some warm, crocheted slippers. I'm still debating what else to put in there. My daughters will each make a bookmark and card for the teachers.

Anyway, I remember a teacher telling me once that they love getting gifts from their students, but they always seem to get stuff they never know what to do with. So, I like to give them bath stuff, food items, or gift certificates...things they can "use"...rather than have to dust!!

Good luck

Donna :hook

Archived