Are Hero hooks made any longer??

Ladycrochat

My all time favourite hook is an old Hero hook:hook, and I am not even sure where I got it from. It is a size H....I think I love:manyheart it so much because it is the hook I used to learn to crochet....along with glow in the dark green yarn LIKE THIS! It is a wonder that I learned at all....any way over the years I have tried to find other Hero hooks and the only ones I can find have been on :ebay....but without paypal I can not buy them. Are they still available in stores??? I have even tried to:google them and only come up with the :ebaysales....What gives???:think

Here's one that does not only require PP

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crochet-Hook-Scovill-Hero-K_W0QQitemZ370013602186QQihZ024QQcategoryZ134772QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this what you want?

Would you like someone to simply get them on your behalf, i.e., you pay them for the auction since they have a PP account?????

I too am a fan of Hero hooks. They stopped manufacturing them. I've been able to accumulate quite a few from eBay. I've discovered that not all Hero hooks are alike. The newer ones can be identical to some Boye hooks. They lose that unique flattened yet pointy hook.

The closest I've found to Hero hooks are Aero hooks. I have no idea if the similarity in names is accidental or on purpose. I buy Aero hooks from Canada at

http://www.yarnforward.com/hooks.html

• 2 weeks later...

Ladycrochet,

Linda W is correct. Hero hooks are no longer manufactured. There are three different Hero hooks. One was made in Germany, one in New England here is the US and one in Spartanburg SC also here in the US. Let me know the markings on your favorite Hero hook and I'll see what I have in my collection.

Emily

Thanks for everyone's input! I am sorry that I did not make my needs clearer to everyone, I use mostly aluminum size hooks....I rarely crochet in thread. I do not knit either......what I like best about my Hero hook is the shape of the head.....it is flatter and broader than most and I find it easier to use.....it doesn't snag in places it shouldn't......someone mentioned that these sorts of hooks are more similar to Bates hooks and not Boye hooks...so that is what I usually use....just sorry to see that the Hero hooks are no longer being made! Sorry Hooklady, but I do not know what kind of markings to look for on my hook....Since I was originally from NY and I inherited this hook from others I would hazard saying it was probably made in New England.....we don't have family members down South or in Germany.

Archived