Design too complicated to write out

I had an idea for a granny square pattern yesterday and started working on it, writing it out as I was going along. WHen I got to the fifth round, I realized my design was too complicated for me to figure out how to write down. I've since finished the square just how I saw it and tried to write it down stitch by stitch like a friend suggested but I'm relizing that it's even more complicated than I thought it was. *sigh*

Has anyone else ever created a pattern that was too complicated to write down? Please tell me I'm not alone in this.

Sometimes I find it helpful to say out loud what I am trying to put down into words.

And some times I break it up it to sections ( one stitch group ) then the next until I have the complete rnd or row. Then I pull it all together. Doing it in bite size pieces does help though. I have done some very complicated pieces that way.

Pattern writting isn't easy. But it does get easier the more you do it.

Best of luck to you on getting it written down.

Make another and say outloud everything you are doing stitch by stich.....but record your voice. Then listen to the tape and write it down

OOOH! Fabulous idea! Thanks, thanks, thanks! :hug

Archived