My Belated Christmas Gift

We've been busy with work this year, what with opening the new bar and nightclub here, so our holiday visiting kind of took a beating because we've been so dog tired when the workday is over. Last night was the first opportunity we had to get together with one of our best friends. Months ago she had requested a shawl from me for Christmas, so that is what I made her. She loved it! Naturally I forgot to take a picture of it, didn't even think about it until after she had left for home. :blush She and I have always had a close relationship, nothing one does surprises the other. So I was totally nonplussed when she came in, credit card in hand, and said "fire up the computer, we're going shopping for your gift!". :lol It turns out she had absolutely no idea of what to get me, so she figured we'd just shop online together and when I found something that made me go "Oooooh!", she'd buy it for me. We don't spend lots of money on each other, but we always like to get each other something that we really, really want rather than something that we need. Gifts should be frivolous things in her opinion, and in most cases, I agree.

When I signed on, the first thing I did was go to my emails like I always do. I had been cleaning out some files and sent myself some sites that I wanted to save, the Elmore-Pisgah Peaches and Creme site being one of them. I clicked on the email to open it and it was the page for the Peaches and Creme grab bags. I was reading the page that detailed the contents of the bags and I was pretty impressed at the amount of stuff (6 items) in each bag for only $2.19 a bag. It was decided that Peaches and Creme grab bags would be my gift (see, that didn't take long now, did it? :lol) and she promptly ordered FIVE of them for me! I can't wait for them to get here! I'm finally going to have a bunch of cotton so I can make myself some new face cloths and little soap holders, along with lots more thread for my doily projects! I can't wait for the package to get here! Oh, and part of her rationale for buying me more stash was so that I could make her some face cloths, too. Always has an ulterior motive, that one. But I love her! :lol

Elle

Now that is the prefect gift. I am sure you are going to love it.

Every time I go on that site, I get in trouble.

Enjoy and I love your friends idea, that she will also benifit from it.:hook

Now that's a present! Not only did you get something from your wish list, but your friend got the joy of giving you something you really wanted. Nothing like shopping with a friend!

I received an email forward today from my friend - notification from Elmore-Pisgah that my package has been shipped UPS and is on schedule for delivery on 1/14! That's Monday, and the best part is that Monday is my one day of the week off from work! I'm also awaiting delivery of my yarn from Knitting Warehouse for my Cathedral Window afghan. I can't wait until Monday, because my worst dilemma is going to be which project to work on first! I guess I can mess around with my Grab Bags stuff for a while and then work on the Cathedral Window for a while. Then again, maybe my Knitting Warehouse order will arrive before the weekend, giving me a jump on the Cathedral Window afghan. Either way, I'm going to be busy for a while! :crocheting

Elle

Sounds like you two had a great time! :clap Aren't friends wonderful! :)

We always have a good time together. We actually have very little in common, but we have the same sense of humor and most of our time together is spent laughing over one thing or another. :)

Elle

What a wonderful story and what a wonderful friend. I love the frivolous gift idea. We all need to be frivolous once in a while. Congrats on the new business venture!!

Debby

I wish that it WAS my business we were opening. :) I'm on the management staff of the hotel that is opening the bar and nightclub. The good part is that the management staff all live here on the property, we are given apartments, all bills paid, as part of our salary packages, and living here has kind of formed us into our own little makeshift family. We spend all the holidays together and I'm actually closer to them than I am to any of my relatives except for one, and if all goes the way we want it to, she too will become a member of the staff sometime next fall. But we've all been putting in tons of extra hours a week in bringing up the bar and nightclub, so I've sweated over it and worried about it as much as if it was my own. The owner (our boss) is the most wonderful man I've ever had the pleasure of working for, and I wish him every success in this venture. There is nothing I would not do to make this possible for him. :)

Elle

Now that is the prefect gift. I am sure you are going to love it.

Every time I go on that site, I get in trouble.

Enjoy and I love your friends idea, that she will also benifit from it.:hook

Thanks! I can't wait to see what's in that box!!!!! :lol The shipping notification that I received a copy of today says that the box weighs 7 pounds!! That's a lot of fiber!

Elle

What a great friend & friendship the two of you have! Both excellent gifts to each other because with yours, you got to enjoy crocheting! Then she returns the enjoyment by letting you pick out crochet stuff? Then the circles goes again when you give her face clothes. I love it!

Archived