Megan Mills tutorial video on Youtube

Ok am I crazy, or was there once a video showing how to get rid of the gap in between the beginning ch 3 and dc of row? I've found her vids, but that one isn't there anymore :( I really wanted to learn that method. anyone know what I am talking about??/

Thanks girls...I was watching the vid of tidying away ends - and it stopped after the color change part....watching again to see what's up.

Well, I feel stupid now. yeah it was right there after making the chain! the video keeps stopping on me..it's weird.

I have no idea about the video- I'm on dialup, so to prevent me throwing the computer through the window, I just avoid YouTube. :P

BUT I do know the method you're talking about! I actually just used it on some purse straps I made for a tote I'm designing. Basically... do your ch3 to turn, turn, and then instead of skipping that very first st that the ch3 comes up from, dc in that st, and dc across to the last st, but don't dc in the turning ch of the previous row. That way, you keep your stitch count the same and avoid those funny little gaps. :hook If that didn't make enough sense (I know it's easier to see it than read it sometimes), let me know and I can take a few pics of what I'm taking about with my digital and post them up here so you can see.

Hope I helped! :yes

I have no idea about the video- I'm on dialup, so to prevent me throwing the computer through the window, I just avoid YouTube. :P

BUT I do know the method you're talking about! I actually just used it on some purse straps I made for a tote I'm designing. Basically... do your ch3 to turn, turn, and then instead of skipping that very first st that the ch3 comes up from, dc in that st, and dc across to the last st, but don't dc in the turning ch of the previous row. That way, you keep your stitch count the same and avoid those funny little gaps. :hook If that didn't make enough sense (I know it's easier to see it than read it sometimes), let me know and I can take a few pics of what I'm taking about with my digital and post them up here so you can see.

Hope I helped! :yes

Thanks!!! :hug That helps me tremendously!

Glad I could help! I was so glad when I got the hang of it, because I hate those stinkin' holes! :lol Although I got so used to doing it that way (doing my 120 row purse straps) that I started a square in sc that I had been doing working in the turning ch, that I accidentally added a st to a few rows and then realized I had to pull it all out. Watch out for that! :lol

Glad I could help! I was so glad when I got the hang of it, because I hate those stinkin' holes! :lol Although I got so used to doing it that way (doing my 120 row purse straps) that I started a square in sc that I had been doing working in the turning ch, that I accidentally added a st to a few rows and then realized I had to pull it all out. Watch out for that! :lol

Monkey, I haven't tried it myself yet, but you say slip stitch in that first stitch? For some reason I though you did sc in the first stitch then ch 2. Just want to make sure!

Monkey, I haven't tried it myself yet, but you say slip stitch in that first stitch? For some reason I though you did sc in the first stitch then ch 2. Just want to make sure!

If you're working in dc, ch 3 for the turn like you normally would, then work a dc in the same st that the turning ch comes out of (the very first one) and dc across to the end, but DON'T work in the turning ch at the end of the row. That way all the actual dc's add up to the stitch count you're supposed to have, and the turning ch doesn't count, it just gets you up to the right height for the row. :)

Archived