Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kim, I have been there, too, infact, just got my groove back. I honestly found the list to be more of a hinderance than a help for awhile. Right now I am just doing projects that I feel like on a whim, and have been having much more fun. That is half the point of this CAL, right.

My latest start is the Haw Frost Shawl Cardigan. I had gotten some Bernat Haven in Cinnamon Mist on clearance and had no idea what I'd do with it. The Haw Frost was perfect! :clap I am going to have to find some more yarn though :(. Could be a problem. I hope not.

I found the same thing, the list was either a huge help or too much pressure, depending on my state of mind....:goodorbad

I saw the Haw Frost Shawl Cardigan and thought it was gorgeous! Is it in American crochet language or British? I love the yarn you're going to use!

I restarted the Gourmet Crochet Lisette Sweater Shawl and it's moving along real nice...and I'm feeling my groove thing again. Just needed to try something different I guess?:clap

I

I saw the Haw Frost Shawl Cardigan and thought it was gorgeous! Is it in American crochet language or British? I love the yarn you're going to use!

It is in in British. but relatively easy to translate so far. This is my first time trying a British pattern, so far so good.

...and I'm feeling my groove thing again. Just needed to try something different I guess?:clap

That's exactly what it took for me. Since early March I have done a number of things I had never attempted before, helped me get my groove back.

:hug

Relynn I have heard that most people's first sock sucks. Maybe thats why I havent started any yet!

:lol Well, I can honestly say that mine sucked because I didn't fully understand how certain cast ons and cast offs would affect the end result. Live and learn. :) At least I opted for ankle height instead of crew, much less yarn to frog or potentially waste. :yes

So here is what I have been working on this week:

th_DSC08353.jpg

This is the middle part of the Sweet Dreams baby blanket from the Best of Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghan book. Next comes the border (it's about seven rounds of lacey stuff).

th_DSC08353.jpg

This is the middle part of the Sweet Dreams baby blanket from the Best of Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghan book. Next comes the border (it's about seven rounds of lacey stuff).

Can't wait to see how it all turns out :cheer go go go!

Well after I revised my list and got all motivated I lost my crochet "mojo" and didn't crochet for a week or two. (I'm with you, Kim!)

And avoided coming over here so I didn't have to see my list staring at me--slacker that I am.

Last weekend I decided that what I really wanted to make was a dishtowel, so, I made a dishtowel. It's fabulous. And I will get pics this weekend to prove it!

What's next? KoolAid is on sale at Meijer, so I may get a few packs and start a dyeing project.

Have finished the Peaches & Cream Pet blanket

Dolly Parton doll - 65% complete

Mr Bean style bear - 15% complete

Retro Babette - 20% complete

Sweet Dreams baby blanket - 55% complete

Pink Pet blanket - 100% complete

Green pet blanket #1 - 100% complete

Green pet blanket #2 - 100% complete

Peaches & Cream pet blanket - 100% complete

Red & White Round Ripple - 50% Complete

Green, Cream & Black Round Ripple 0% complete

Maybe it's something about this time of year that causes us to lose our Crochet Mojo?

I'm glad to hear we're all finding it again!

I was just thinking there must be something about this time of year because it seems a lot of us are going through some doldrums lately. I haven't really hit it with my hobbies, but I did with nearly every other aspect of my life. Of course, high stress levels for the past 4.5 months with little, if any, reprieve can do that to me. :eek Thankfully things are getting back under control and I'm revving up to hit my stride again.

For all of you out there that are going through the doldrums now, you have my sympathies. :hug

th_DSC08353.jpg

That is really beautiful! Great work! :hook

Am I the only one thinking that would make an awesome bedspread? Of course, I would never have the patience or dedication to do such a thing. :lol

th_DSC08353.jpg

SOO CUTE! I love it!!! :manyheart

I was just thinking there must be something about this time of year because it seems a lot of us are going through some doldrums lately. I haven't really hit it with my hobbies, but I did with nearly every other aspect of my life. Of course, high stress levels for the past 4.5 months with little, if any, reprieve can do that to me. :eek Thankfully things are getting back under control and I'm revving up to hit my stride again.

For all of you out there that are going through the doldrums now, you have my sympathies. :hug

I think you are right! I went through the same thing - just now recuperating! It was defininetly with crocheting and other aspects of my life as well. I just didnt want to do a **** thing ever at all... but things are much better! Just in time for spring too!

Well here is my progress this week:

Peaches and Cream Ghan- From 0% to 77% done

16 Daisy Squares for Krystal-no change 6 completed- but I did mail them today

3 Sections on the Babette-no change 1 completed

Eight Pocket Tote- still not started, BUT i did buy the fabric to line it today :yes

33 Squares for OA- 1 completed

Assemble 3 Comfortghans- did the edging of 4 squares today, so slowly moving on this

My big news is obviously the peaches and cream ghan that I started on Tuesday :think , it's actually the 2nd version of a ghan that I had meant to be a christmas gift for last year :eek Also, I started a small doily, on of Patricia kristofersons from a book I have that has 25 of her smaller patterns in it.... here are pics...

th_DSC01109.jpg

th_DSC01110.jpg

Have completed another project today, the bear and have turned my retro babette into a pet blanket, not happy with it. so instead of frogging it all I put a sc border on it, have re-started the whole blanket.

Dolly Parton doll - 65% complete

Mr Bean style bear - 100% complete

Retro Babette - 100% complete

Sweet Dreams baby blanket - 65% complete

Pink Pet blanket - 100% complete

Green pet blanket #1 - 100% complete

Green pet blanket #2 - 100% complete

Peaches & Cream pet blanket - 100% complete

Red & White Round Ripple - 50% Complete

Iam now able to post photo's so here are some of the projects I have completed

Pet Blankets

Green pet blanket #1 (knitted with crochet border)

RoxysPictures026.jpg

Green Pet blanket #2

RoxysPictures019.jpg

Peaches and Cream pet blanket

RoxysPictures018.jpg

Retro Babette pet blanket

RoxysPictures029.jpg

Pink pet blanket (this one Iam keeping for Lola)

pinkpetblanket-1.jpg

Bear, has only had a head for 9 months, now completed

RoxysPictures020.jpg

Card Cal tote, added handles and silk dupion lining and a flower, I used a safety eye to attach the flower to the bag and it also acts as the centre of the flower.

RoxysPictures016.jpg

RoxysPictures024.jpg

Purple Spike stitch bag I made up as I went along, also lined with silk

RoxysPictures017.jpg

RoxysPictures025.jpg

Current projects

Red & White round ripple (started on Sunday), havn't done any in a few days, but love how quick it's coming together.

RoxysPictures027.jpg

Sweet dreams baby blanket, this is not a recent photo, has had a dozen or more rows added since pic was taken.

swbabyblanket.jpg

Dolly Parton Doll

RoxysPictures030.jpg

Here are my progress (clicky) pictures on my other projects:

Peach baby shells 33 rows complete (29 rows to go) It will have 23 rows peach, 12 white, 23 peach and then one round of shells in peach for the border.

th_DSC08356.jpg

The knit sweater. 32 rows complete on the back. Still need the front and sleeves... This piece is almost 5 1/2 inches now.

th_DSC08357.jpg

I hope to finish the green baby blanket this morning. I'll post pictures once it is done :yay

Wow Krazy-Kitty you sure have been busy! Love the Dolly doll.

I have pictures of my new Fabulous dishtowel.

th_007.jpg

th_006.jpg

I used the Big Round block from Jan Eaton's 200 Crochet Blocks. I modified it to make row 8 solid instead of open and instead of doing row 9, I used the Flat Braid Square Joining Method found here:

http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/flatbraid.htm

which was great because I didn't have to sew any blocks together when I was done! I am definitely using that method again. There are 8 blocks altogether. No blocking, just washed and dried it, hung it in front of the stove and it's ready to go!

Actually I will be sending it to a friend, but I had to give it a trial run in my kitchen. I think I'll make myself one!

Krazy- You've been super busy and everything looks great! :clap

Karen- everything looks great, love the colors, can't wait to see the green blanket :cheer

Jenhen- great dishcloth, I've gotta try that flat braid method!!

Archived