Magazine Suggestions

Priszm

I've been wanting to get a crochet magazine, but my local bookstores only carry Interweave. I don't really make clothing because a) I'm not at the point where I want to and b) I don't pay always pay attention to gauges for afghans, I can't imagine trying to do it for clothing. What magazines do you suggest for thread and yarn crochet that carry more afghans, bags (thinking I want to try these too!) amigumari, home decor, etc. Thanks!

I am looking for a magazine mostly dedicated to thread but I don't think there really is one on the market.

I was subscribed to Crochet magazine but I don't think I am going to renew it, I am like you, I am not interested in making clothing at the moment. They have other patterns also each month but it is mostly clothing. I do think it is the best crochet magazine on the market though.

I think wearables are very much in demand now, and so most magazines seem to have an abundance of those patterns in every issue. I subscribe to many magazines and still find that I enjoy looking at the pictures and patterns of wearables, even if I'm not going to make them. I love Interweave Crochet for that reason.

Anyway, try Crochet Today or Crochet World. I like Crochet World because it has a question and answer section, and Crochet Today has a nice balance of projects.

My favorite magazine is Crochet today.:cheer

I find that it has more modern project...it's a good balance between clothing, afghans, etc.

If you go to their website you can even order old copies. I'm missing couple of first copies, so I'm planning to order them soon:D

I also like Crochet World. There's a good variety of projects, afghans, doilies, toys, baby stuff, thread....etc...and as mentioned the Q&A page, and a "looking for" page...To me it's a friendly, down-home style mag...not just patterns and ads (there's some of those too, ofcourse). I've flipped through some other mags that seem to have more ads than patterns. Oh, and the skill levels in CW are varied, though it often seems a bit heavy on the "easy" end.

I find something in every issue, often much more than one...which is the main reason I keep subscribing to it...other mags I buy if I see something I like...but a lot of modern styles aren't "me" it seems, so I don't subscribe to all their issues.

HTH

I would recommend this mag. I don't subscribe to it because I never want the thread patterns, hehe! So we are opposite in that regard.

http://www.annieshookedoncrochet.com/

You can even check out what all's in the current one right here

http://www.annieshookedoncrochet.com/inthisissue.html

My favorite magazine is Crochet today.:cheer

I find that it has more modern project...it's a good balance between clothing, afghans, etc.

If you go to their website you can even order old copies. I'm missing couple of first copies, so I'm planning to order them soon:D

I like this magazine too. It has all kinds of projects for all types of crocheters. I think it's a great magazine.

:manyheart

Archived