Do you prefer to work in Rounds or Rows  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to work in Rounds or Rows

• Rounds (grannies) mostly
    • Rows (back and forth, forth and back) mostly
    • Rounds only, can't do rows
    • Rows only, can't do rounds
    • Either or both

I find it very interesting how many people prefer rows over rounds. The point spread is quite noticeable. I can do both but I tend to rounds whenever possible

I have always found rows to become rather tedious early on. I am not good at perseverance. :sigh

I voted for rounds but I hate making circles in one stitch. For example sc rounds for a top down hat. I would vote rows over that type of in the round crochet. I am always missing an increase and it is terrible.

If there is any sort of pattern like grannys or star blankets though I am the exact opposite. I love crocheting in rounds like this.

It took me a while to learn to count stitches in the round (I was never sure what the slip stitch looked like and if I counted it.) Once I figured it out I was hooked! You don't have to have the exact amount of yarn for in the round blankets and most of them will work from a repeating pattern so you can work without lots of pattern referencing.

Grannys are really great, but I agree that the ends are the w-o-r-s-t.

it all depends on my mood honestly, sometimes I love rows other times they frustrate me bc they seem to not work up as fast, I love rounds til I get to the outside rounds that take so long

Archived