Adult Star Afghan?

I was just trying to get my Christmas thoughts together. Must plan ahead! I am just finishing up on my first star baby afghan. I was wondering if any of you have made them for big kids/adults. I think a huge star on a bed would be pretty, but am I wrong?

I don't know what yarns you are using to make your child/baby sized little stars, but you might want to consider using a bulky yarn such as Baby Clouds or Homespun with the appropriate sized hook (check the label) to make the larger stars. They work up hella quick that way, and if you're doing a lot for Christmas gifts, you can get more done in less time than say, working with a worsted weight. That, and they're uber snuggly!

I am currently making the Round Ripple Baby Afghan http://web.archive.org/web/20021003082720/www.angelfire.com/tx5/angelcrafts/roundripple.html in an adult size. I switched to worsted weight yarn and I am using an "H" hook. It is 'similar' to the star. It is turning out nice. I have put it on the bed a couple times just to check it's size and how it looks. I am not sure how much yarn it is taking. It originally started out to be a heavier baby afghan. But I took my daughters yarn to make it bigger. We bought the yarn at a tent sale at the same time, not knowing what we were going to do with it. I cannot wait until it is done and can use it. It is for my guest room.

I also have wanted to do this. I have heard that there can be a problem as you get bigger with the corners on them? Not sure why, but that's what I've heard. Have any of you heard this?

I think if your doing the star one if you'll do like on the round ripple and do 1 rw of 1 dc ch2 1 dc then do 2 rws of 2 dc ch 2 2 dc it might help it not to curve so much.

Archived