Felted Cat Beds

Lena

Your cat is doing a very nice meatloaf impression on the new bed! :D How big were the beds before you felted down? I've been thinking about making one for Caper. Those look great.

Your cat is doing a very nice meatloaf impression on the new bed! :D How big were the beds before you felted down? I've been thinking about making one for Caper. Those look great.

I made them pretty big, as my cats are huge.

Both where made with Patons Classic Merino Wool, about 4 skeins each.

The orange/white: Used about 4 skeins (2 skeins for the bottom, and 2 skeins for the edge) using a 5mm hook. I sent it through two cycles in the washing machine.

They turned out wonderful. I'd never have the nerve to felt anything that large. Was it hard to do?

Felting is so incredibly easy. And it's always exiting seeing how things turn out.

I love your cat beds! They are just wonderful. Both of my cats are now jealous and are asking when they will be getting theirs. Did you make up the pattern yourself, or is it in a book. I would love to make two for my cats. Pyrrhus, the male, loves the Patons Classic merino wool. Minerva, the female, also really likes wool.

Thanks for sharing your project! I think it is really awesome!

Archived