Crochet handle with interchangeable hooks?

siminsc

YW, Pat. I hope your dd has good luck in finding a set for you. This wk would be a good time for her to find/buy them since HL is having 40% off all knitting and crocheting hooks and accessories though so she wouldn't need a coupon to get a discount. :)

I recently purchased the Provo interchangable hook set from Michaels ............ The only problem I have is that the hooks have some rough/sharp edges on them that have started snagging my yarn. Anyone else having this problem?

I had the same problem but fixed it with my Revlon diamond fingernail file by pulling the file in one direction across the rough area several times until it was smooth.

The Provo handle has enabled me to crochet more by helping reduce my hand pain.

Hey, Pat/SilkyMist - I saw TWO sets of the Boye steel hooks w/ interchangeable heads earlier tonight at the HL store on 28th St. in Grand Rapids, MI. Has your dd found a set for you yet?

I do want/need the interchangeable set to mitigate the pain I feel when I crochet for any length of time with the steel hooks. I sent an email to Wrights too. I'll let everyone know if CS repeats the "not available yet" blurb.

I did buy a set of the Provo hooks from Wal-Mart but took them back because I could not get the hook head into the handle no matter what I did/tried. Maybe I just got a bad set or something but that particular set just would not go together so I wasn't keeping it for the money I paid.

I had the same disappointing experience. Also, didn't like the hooks themselves...at least not when working with Sugar 'n Creme...the hook keeps catching on the cotton yarn. Returned my set to Michael's today.

Beverly

I keep checking our Michael's and Joann's hoping they will stock some soon. We have no Hobby Lobby on the West Coast. Dh said he would get me these for Christmas if we could find them. I mean the boye set with the steel hooks.
Until then I will be this awful shade of pea green. As I am sooo Green with envy it's not funny.

I got the Provo hooks from Wal-Mart and while I haven't tried all the heads yet, so far I haven't had a problem with them. I know they're economy priced so they're probably economy made, but for the price, I don't have any complaints!

I do want/need the interchangeable set to mitigate the pain I feel when I crochet for any length of time with the steel hooks. I sent an email to Wrights too. I'll let everyone know if CS repeats the "not available yet" blurb.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ergonomic-Crochet-Kit-w-Handle-3-Thread-3-Yarn-Hooks_W0QQitemZ320198434686QQihZ011QQcategoryZ108867QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

c5a8_1.JPG1832_1.JPG

I bought this one not too long ago and at first thought it was a little weird. Once I crocheted 2 short rows I was "hooked" and in love. heartturnsinto.gif I was afraid it wouldn't fit nor feel right but now that I am even more used to it I am able to flip that hook around and the larger round ball part in my hand rolls just right to move the hook every which way! I am more than impressed with this one and like the 6 different hook sizes that comes with it. 2heartflag.gif

Archived