Crochet handle with interchangeable hooks?

siminsc

I just purchased a set of Boye interchangeable head crochet set earlier today at Hobby Lobby for $29.99 and used one of their 40% off coupons for this wk. so I got the set for $17.99 + MI sales tax. It's a set of steel crochet hook heads, sizes 1-14, with 1 lightweight aluminum handle and a nice little protective case with a removable strap/handle for the whole set. Very nice set but I don't have a pic of them to show/post just yet and haven't seen/found a pic of them online yet either.

I just purchased a set of Boye interchangeable head crochet set earlier today at Hobby Lobby for $29.99 and used one of their 40% off coupons for this wk. so I got the set for $17.99 + MI sales tax. It's a set of steel crochet hook heads, sizes 1-14, with 1 lightweight aluminum handle and a nice little protective case with a removable strap/handle for the whole set. Very nice set but I don't have a pic of them to show/post just yet and haven't seen/found a pic of them online yet either.

Hey Cheryl! Haven't seen you around in years. Just saw this post and searched the net, but don't seem to find these hooks anywhere. Is there an item # on the pkg?

Thanks

I recently purchased the Provo interchangable hook set from Michaels and I really love the shape of the handle. The only problem I have is that the hooks have some rough/sharp edges on them that have started snagging my yarn. They don't seem to be very high quality. Anyone else having this problem?

Hey Cheryl! Haven't seen you around in years. Just saw this post and searched the net, but don't seem to find these hooks anywhere. Is there an item # on the pkg?

Thanks

I haven't gone any place! :lol Please send me your e-mail address though - I think the last time I tried to e-mail you, it bounced back to me. :(

I think the item # is 6402 but am not sure about it. It's the only number on the label that I can find other than the UPC bar code (0 70659 63175 7) though.

I'm going to try to take a pic of my set of hooks when I get a chance.

I did buy a set of the Provo hooks from Wal-Mart but took them back because I could not get the hook head into the handle no matter what I did/tried. Maybe I just got a bad set or something but that particular set just would not go together so I wasn't keeping it for the money I paid.

HTH! :hook

I haven't gone any place! :lol Please send me your e-mail address though - I think the last time I tried to e-mail you, it bounced back to me. :(

I think the item # is 6402 but am not sure about it. It's the only number on the label that I can find other than the UPC bar code (0 70659 63175 7) though.

I'm going to try to take a pic of my set of hooks when I get a chance.

I did buy a set of the Provo hooks from Wal-Mart but took them back because I could not get the hook head into the handle no matter what I did/tried. Maybe I just got a bad set or something but that particular set just would not go together so I wasn't keeping it for the money I paid.

sent addy...tried to search that #..no good. I have a Hobby Lobby coupon if DD goes that way tomorrow, but want her to get the right thing. I have the Provocraft..don't really like the way the hooks fit in though.

I took some pics tonight of my newest set of hooks after I got back from GR tonight. I went to Schuler Books & Music store to buy a copy of Debbie Stoller's latest book, "Son of Stitch 'N Bitch" while she was at the store on tour and I even got it autographed. :D

Here's my pics of the set of Boye interchangeable head crochet hooks - hopefully the pics are all clickable:

myhookset1tn.jpg

myhookset2tn.jpg

myhookset3tn.jpg

myhookset4tn.jpg

Also, a friend at Crochet Partners found this link for a online pic of the hooks but the site at the link does NOT sell to consumers though, only wholesalers:

http://www.checkerdist.com/ax_commerce/shp_detail.cfm?productID=70285&search=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110188811380&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

This is the set I got at Wal-Mart. I love them. They slide real smooth through the yarn. Right now I'm using the K hook to finish small rugs to put on my dog's stair steps. They cost about $20.

I took some pics tonight of my newest set of hooks after I got back from GR tonight. I went to Schuler Books & Music store to buy a copy of Debbie Stoller's latest book, "Son of Stitch 'N Bitch" while she was at the store on tour and I even got it autographed. :D

Here's my pics of the set of Boye interchangeable head crochet hooks - hopefully the pics are all clickable:

myhookset1tn.jpg

myhookset2tn.jpg

myhookset3tn.jpg

myhookset4tn.jpg

Also, a friend at Crochet Partners found this link for a online pic of the hooks but the site at the link does NOT sell to consumers though, only wholesalers:

http://www.checkerdist.com/ax_commerce/shp_detail.cfm?productID=70285&search=1

I am green with envy. I want. Any one finds a link to where I can purchase please let me know.

I am green with envy. I want. Any one finds a link to where I can purchase please let me know.

You might want to try contacting Wrights.com to see if they can give you any info for buying/ordering the hook set in your area. I don't see the set listed at their site just yet either but here's a link that has the contact info available for the company down towards the bottom of the page:

http://www.wrights.com/wrights/products/boye/boye.htm

It lists an e-mail address and a toll-free phone number to contact the company.

You might want to try contacting Wrights.com to see if they can give you any info for buying/ordering the hook set in your area. I don't see the set listed at their site just yet either but here's a link that has the contact info available for the company down towards the bottom of the page:

http://www.wrights.com/wrights/products/boye/boye.htm

It lists an e-mail address and a toll-free phone number to contact the company.

Thanks for the link. If I can't find them anywhere else I will contact them. Going into town tonight. Will check out Michaels and Joanns. Dreaming I know. Doesn't hurt to check. At least now I know what I am looking for and that it truly does exist.

I know that when I first saw the set at HL, I looked around the store to see if there were more sets sitting someplace else. (Of course, as soon as I saw the set, I picked it up so no one else would buy it while I was looking to see where it was supposed to be at in the store. :lol )

Since it seems to be a very new item from Wrights, it may take awhile before other stores get them in stock. It might not hurt to ask at local craft stores in your area to see if they can order the set for you either. Be sure to print out or write down the info from this page about the hooks before asking so at least you will have it to show the store:

http://www.checkerdist.com/ax_commerce/shp_detail.cfm?productID=70181&secondary_search=1&categoryPath=

It may not hurt to print out some pics of the set either to show them so they will know exactly what you are looking for and don't end up with a set of the Provo hooks by mistake. :lol

I've heard from some other people in other online groups who have said they have seen only 1 or 2 sets in other HL stores in other areas/states.

HTH!

Just got this e-mail response from Wrights on the hook set that Cheryl bought.

"We are sorry but we do not have any online retailers for this item at this time.The product is brand new and has not been released yet." Customer Service-Judy Fontaine

Just got this e-mail response from Wrights on the hook set that Cheryl bought.

"We are sorry but we do not have any online retailers for this item at this time.The product is brand new and has not been released yet." Customer Service-Judy Fontaine

:huh Hasn't been released yet?!?!? Then how did I manage to get one at HL? :lol I know there have been other people who said they have seen the set at other HL stores in different areas/states, too, but with 1 or 2 sets only per store.

If I see/find any more sets available the next time I go to HL, I'll let you know, Pat. Or if you want, send me your phone number in an e-mail or PM and I'll call you if/when I find them. Maybe 1 of the other HL stores in GR might have a set of them since I only went to 1 of their stores in the area (there are 3 if I remember right).

:huh Hasn't been released yet?!?!? Then how did I manage to get one at HL? :lol I know there have been other people who said they have seen the set at other HL stores in different areas/states, too, but with 1 or 2 sets only per store.

If I see/find any more sets available the next time I go to HL, I'll let you know, Pat. Or if you want, send me your phone number in an e-mail or PM and I'll call you if/when I find them. Maybe 1 of the other HL stores in GR might have a set of them since I only went to 1 of their stores in the area (there are 3 if I remember right).

Thanks Cheryl..I'm in no hurry to get a set. I have my dd checking her stores in GA. But not in a rush. I appreciate the thoughtfulness though!

Archived