Shade of Waves.......

sheryl*

I could have sworn there was a CAL for some kind of tote bag or something with the shades of waves pattern as being one to make. Welp I've looked and looked for the posts and haven't found it, so that left me with putting this post here....sorry.

I did however make one, I'll have a picture for it soon in my blog, but i was kinda disappointed in how mine turned out. It started out wavy, but went alittle straighter later on. I think the pattern needed some fixing up, sorry. But I made the colors black, purple and light purple. You'll have to see the picture when I have it up and let me know what you think. It's a very nice tote though.

hello shyrel

it`s on my list for to do stuff

i saw some ladeis finished it and turned out wavy

i hope you figure out the problem

i already saved the pattern so we need to look for the link to post it for others

Good idea for a CAL. I like this bag and would like to make another one (after the holidays most likely). I may have posted it under the Purse CAL as I was posting some links in there for bag patterns. But a cal for this bag specifically is a good idea as that post for the pattern was getting large with all the people making it.

Debbi

At 1st glance I thought those were blankets. But as reading other posts that

they are purses(dah me). Was wondering if you could use this st. on a blanket?

Whatever the work looks very nice.

jaye

• 5 weeks later...

I'm going to make another one. I'm teaching the adults Sunday School at church and need one for my books and paper. And I've been using the one I use for work... so I really need a second one so I'm not taking out and removing things (and sometimes misplacing them:blush). I have some wood round handles I bought just because I may use them one day and I think I may try this on this bag. I'm not sure on the colors though... I have tons of black and white and a skein of blue I could use... Maybe just buy some new yarn or a new color.

Debbi

• 5 weeks later...

Here is the finished "Waves of Color" bag, fully lined. I did have some problems making a lining to fit. After frogging and adjusting for the 4th time, I said "this is it" if it don't fit I will forget the lining. It did fit.

smallcrochetbag004.jpg

smallcrochetbag001.jpg

Maybe it doesn't show for me? Or the link doesnt?

Mine is still a wip:blush. I would really like it done too, but that doesn't work... working on it does:lol. I have almost all the crocheting done, except the sc around the inside of the handles (I didn't do the rsc or arsc or whatever it was, it worked fine the last time). Then just do the lining...

Debbi

• 4 months later...

I was thinking of doing another one of these. Maybe in black and white (I have that in my stash all ready). But not sure yet. I'm thinking black as I'm making another purse (yes another one) and it's in cotton, Black Cherry (left over yarn from my Heakelbeutel Bag (BIG bag) ), and my current Waves Tote is in brown and light tan. This way they can match (and why shouldn't they since I can crochet them:yes)

Debbi

• 2 months later...

Archived