My first RR

Well I plan on starting my first RR sometime this week for my son for Christmas. it will be in Spiderman colors. I have never done anything like this before and was wondering if it was simple to do because I will also be making him a Spongebob afghan which I have graphed myself. Thanks for any suggestions on the RR and making it go fast!!!

:D

If you've ever done a regular ripple, you'll find that it's very similar.

And once you've made one RR, you'll make more! :)

This will be my first ripple ever, but I've heard they are easy, fast and enjoyable to make. I plan on making more than one after Christmas for our chair and couch maybe....:think

Well I plan on starting my first RR sometime this week for my son for Christmas. it will be in Spiderman colors. I have never done anything like this before and was wondering if it was simple to do because I will also be making him a Spongebob afghan which I have graphed myself. Thanks for any suggestions on the RR and making it go fast!!!

:D

:cheerHi, you will really enjoy doing the Spiderman RR....once you have done one RR you get addicted and they are so much fun to give as gifts...everyone loves them...do you have the pattern for it? I would be happy to help you...the pattern for spidey ghan is on CPC under afghans...take a look at the completed spidey ghan posted...I couldnt wait till christmas to give it to my grandson....Enjoy!!!

The good thing about the round ripples is that they look harder than they really are. Just remember to count and you should be fine.

I think I am about to start Rr #5. They just turn out so nice. And they look very nice for a shower gift. Not too many people have seen them (other than crocheters) so they sure get the "Wow" factor when given for gifts.

Like someone else said, once you make one, you will make more.

Enjoy the RR !

I decided to take a break from everything else and try a RR just to see how to do it before the spidey one. Does anyone have a simple pattern I could use? It would be very helpful as I have had no such luck finding any.

I decided to take a break from everything else and try a RR just to see how to do it before the spidey one. Does anyone have a simple pattern I could use? It would be very helpful as I have had no such luck finding any.

This is the pattern I use:

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

There is a mistake in row 3. Here is a link to the corrections, along with other tips & tricks:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29245

This pattern works up fast and is super easy.

they are very easy, and create a lovely effect. One of the things I like the most is that just by changing the yarn color, number of rows, or the type of yarn you get a whole new look. They work up really fast to. I have done 6 of them so far in the last year or so. I am gonna try to do one for my mother and each of my sister for christmas....don't know if I will be able to finish all but I am gonna try. Good luck with yours!!:)

Archived