I bought a pattern, any interest in a CAL?

Well, seeing how I am doing better health wise, I could not resist the Boboletta Cocoon Sweater pattern from Gourmet Crochet You can get it here....it is a buy pattern, but soooooo worth it!!

www.gourmetcrochet.com

here is right to the pattern http://www.gourmetcrochet.com/index_files/Page607.htm

I have yet to buy the yarn, but just been DROOLING over the pattern! I soooooo want this for ME.

So I am curious, has anyone else gotten this pattern, and if so would anyone be interested in a crochet along for it? I haven't made a "wearable" and was thinking if there were a few others we could maybe get it done together.....so let me know!!

I ,too, have this pattern, but no yarn for it yet. What yarn are you thinking of using?

I have to go the affordable route, possibly even using some stash yarn if I find something suitable in the space bags.

If I can get some yarn together soon, I'll join you for CAL

Oh GREAT!!! I too HAVE to go the affordable route.... VERY affordable, I was really wondering what would be appropriate yarn... the pattern says any yarn will work, so I am thnking away here............... I dont want a "furry" yarn, so I am thinking maybe Vanna's choice if it is on sale.......

Let me know what you come up with!!!

humm, I may buy the pattern too. I don't understand how any weight will work with the yarn. Do they have instructions for every weight in the pattern? Can some one tell me before I buy??

I can't really divulge much info, as the pattern is a copywritten pattern, HOWEVER, going over the pattern, and trust me, I been drooling over it, I can see how any yarn would work, she has a VERY unique way of making this garment! I am now even thinking of going with the fuzzy yarn, I see HL has yarnbee on sale, and I might just find something I like at 99 cents a skien... well lets keep this going to see if we can get more interest :hook

I am interested in joining you ladies. I love this pattern but is it very hard?

I too will have to keep the wool price down and I like the idea of any wool is suitable.

I will keep my eye open for more posts on this.

xxx Sharon

I just started the Uptown Downtown Shrug and it called for soft worsted such as Caron Simply Soft. So far so good. I think these patterns are explained fairly well. This is only my second adult wearable , but there are a ton of pictures in the booklet so that is nice and a huge selection of sizes to choose from.

I had been looking at these patterns for a while, and finally couldn't resist any longer.

Good luck!

I've made this more than once, from different weight yarns. You can use any weight yarn you choose, with any size hook.The instructionss give you the amount of inches each part needs to be, not the amount of stitches to make. For example, it will say to make a certain part 16 inches long, so you crochet with whatever yarn and hook you are using, until you have 16 inches. This works up great in bulky and in sport weight weight. I love it.

Well, it sounds do-able ladies!! Anyone else interested??? The pattern is GREAT, maybe we could wait until after the holidays though for you who have too much to do now?

• 1 month later...
Have we forgotten about this??? I bought the pattern, started, and now I am stuck. If anyone else is working on it...let's start the CAL.

I'm ready! :cheerI have the pattern and yarn sitting here on my work table. I am finishing a shawl, should be done tomorrow. So I can start on Thursday!:yes

I'll read the pattern over again tonight. How far did you get?

Kim

This is my first wearable...so, I made it through step one with no problems.....YAY.

But, in step 2, crocheting in the round...is totally screwing me up. I understand the construction of what I am suposed to be doing....I just am screwed up at the part when we join the corners together.

This is my first wearable...so, I made it through step one with no problems.....YAY.

But, in step 2, crocheting in the round...is totally screwing me up. I understand the construction of what I am suposed to be doing....I just am screwed up at the part when we join the corners together.

I'll look at the pattern today and see where you are....when you get really stuck go to the Gourmet Crochet website and email Carolyn Christmas. She's really nice and very, very helpful with her patterns!

LOL, I expect to have to email her several times with this pattern another one I have of hers!

Kim

Cool...lemme know when you started and we will do this part together..ok?

I'm going to start on it later this morning! I was thinking I would start a new CAL thread in the Crochet Along section that will have Boboletta in the title. Maybe we can get others to join in too or hear from someone who's already made it?:yes

I'll do that later this morning right before I start working!:cheer

Kim

SOunds like a plan. Unfortunately, during the week I have internet access during the evening hours, so that is when I will posting.!!

LOL, I usually only post during the days so between the two of us, we'll have it covered!!:lol

I'll start the CAL today and see if anyone out there is also doing the pattern or has already done it and can give advice.:yes

Kim

You know what, I LOST this pattern when my putor crashed a while back, and I cant afford to buy another right now, I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want to do this!!!!!

:angry :angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry

Yippie, Gormet Crochet was kind enough to email me another pattern!! I explained th situation and they were ery kind, it was in my email box this morning already!!!! What a company that is!!!!!!

So I will be yarn shopping soon, today I hope or tommorow and get in on that CAL!!!!!!!

Archived