My friends Father has Passed Away

ChayaSar

Hello everyone,

I know this is a busy time of year and that Christmas is just around the corner now. I just received a call from my friend Darlene letting me know that her father has passed away. He's had heart problems through most of this year, has been hospitalized a couple of times. She is one of my best friends, and she was incredibly close to her father. I would like to make her a comfortghan, but need some help with getting enough squares.

What I am asking for is 8" squares, in acrylic ww yarn. The colors I have here for the squares I make are: Dark Orchid, Raspberry, and Light Sage.

If you have some time and would like to send me some white, or any of the colors above, or colors that would coordinate with them I would appreciate it very much. At 8" it will only take 30 squares to make the blanket 40x48.

I do ask that you NOT use any black. I will deal with edging when the squares get to me. And if you take care of the ends I'd appreciate it, but I'll be thankful for any squares, and will work in the ends if needed.

Please PM me if you are able send even 1 square and I'll send you my address.

Thanks so much in advance for you love and kindness.

I would be glad to help with a square, but I don't have any of the colors you mentioned. Would you accept other shades of pink or green, with white? And do you have any preference as to what pattern of granny square? I don't want to commit until I am certain what you are looking for.

Other shades of pink or green would be fine with the white, or even just plain white squares would be great as well. The American granny square is just fine, I just want the squares to all be 8".

with the pinks/greens though both tones I have are subdued. So like lime green or hot pink wouldn't go well.

:hugs

Thanks so much Pineknott :hug

And thanks to all who have PM'd me about helping, it never ceases to amaze me the love and caring that comes from the people on this board :hug

I received two beautiful white squares from Sarna yesterday. My camera's batteries are dead so no pictures right now, but :ty Sarna they are just perfect :yay

Came home from my sisters baby shower today to find 3 beautiful squares in my mail box from precious. Thanks so much :ty:yay I just love them, and I know darlene will too. As soon as I get that camera charged I'll add pics of the squares. :manyheart

i just finished a 8 in in raspberry today , just to use the yarn up, must have been for you lol send me your addy hon and i will get it off to you. sending hugs and prayers for your friend,. i know how hard it is to lose your parents.:( please tell her that its hard but he is with her anyways in her heart.:hug:hug

Well here are the pictures of the squares from Sarna and Precious, also today I received 3 more beautiful squares from Pineknott!! :ty so much :hug

From Sarna:

th_HPIM0608.jpg

From Precious:

th_HPIM0607.jpg

From Pineknott:

th_HPIM0606.jpg

I have pictures but can't upload them until later, but I received a total of 5 squares yesterday!! So pretty 4 in various purples from hookmaster and 1 beautiful pink one, from recipient unknown... I am so sorry. Please pm so I know where to send the ty. I'll get pictures up asap!

I received a beautiful white square yesterday with cables from Sheryl, thanks so much! :hug

th_HPIM0517.jpg

And to catch up on photos:

This one as mentioned above I don't know who sent it, however it is beautiful, thanks so much:

th_HPIM0503.jpg

And these beautiful squares were sent in by Hookmaster :ty:hug

th_HPIM0502.jpg

So with the squares I have received and the squares I have made I am up to 19/30 needed, and I'll be working on more during this week and weekend. :ty to all who have helped with this.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a picture yet, but I received 4 more purple squares from hookmaster today, and they are simply beautiful! I love the addition of the flowers in the center, and I just know Darlene will too! I will get to joining soon, and post pictures when the ghan is completed. Thanks to all who have helped with this!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The comfortghan is finished, and I'll post a picture as soon as I am able to. trying to move and keep things orderly, somehow my camera was lost in the shuffle... *grrr* So the ghan was sent with no picture taken, but I'll get a picture from my friend and post it as soon as I have one. I really want to thank everyone who contributed to this, and can't wait till you can all see it.

Archived