LB Cotton-Ease Discontinued ! !

xantha

Reports are that LB is discontinuing Cotton-Ease. I'm not sure how I missed this news! :think

Anyway, apparently JoAnn's stores all have it on clearance, so if you need some for one project or another, you better pick it up! Their website doesn't list it as on clearance yet, but might soon.

I know I am going out tonight to try to pick up some more -- I am working on a sweater in it now and I would hate to run out of yarn (it doesn't look like I will, but I really want to be careful now)!

If you can't find it anywhere and need a substitution of the same price/quality/durability, try TLC Cotton Plus. I like it a touch better, but it's basically the same.

AiiiI!

Just lovely.

I love it when the home office (I work at and teach for Jo-Ann's) tells us to use a product for a class sample, and then I turn around and it's discontinued.

:bang

Well, that pretty much guarantees there will be a new project for fall... I just hope my current sample lasts the summer... guess I'd better edit the supply list at work tomorrow. *sigh*

Urgh....why? I was just at JoAnn's this weekend and it wasn't on clearance. Where did this info come from? I am hoping it is just a rumor. You can still order this yarn online from Lion Brand.

Urgh....why? I was just at JoAnn's this weekend and it wasn't on clearance. Where did this info come from? I am hoping it is just a rumor. You can still order this yarn online from Lion Brand.

Many of the stores that get their yarn directly from LB (like discountyarnsale) were notified and they are all getting rid of whatever they have left.

Someone on knitter's review emailed LB about it and posted LB's response letter here (scroll down to orangina's post).

Whatever inventory they have left is still available...

Hope that helps. My local JoAnn's didn't have it marked on clearance. I asked because they weren't busy and they did give me a cheaper price on it.

I wonder how much the clearance price is at these other places. I guess I should make a trip to JoAnn's tomorrow. I swore to my dh I wouldn't buy anymore yarn....

I just washed those 4th of July tops that I made. I washed them in cold and then hung them to dry. I was so impressed with how they washed. The yarn really held together nicely and I was surprised that the red didn't bleed at all into the white. Man, I am kind of pi$$ed that they are discontinuing this. I hope they decide to replace it with something of similar quality.

By the way, I have been trying to look for similar yarn and just cannot find it. I looked at the TLC cotton plus, but they don't came in the same colors that the cotton-ease does. ugh...this is going to hurt.

I'm in Washington state and went to my nearest JoAnn's and the Cotton-Ease wasn't on clearance, nor did it appear to be in short supply. Anyhow, I bought enough to make a future project just in case they do put it on clearance and I miss it. It's a shame they are discontinuing this yarn because it feels nice and comes in great colors.

~ Lori

It is still $3.99 at my JoAnn's and I was thinking about buying like 5 skeins of each color they had. Do you think it is wrong to drop $100 on yarn? I wonder if my husband will survive my yarn addiciton. I keep calling every week to find out if this yarn is on sale. Atleast if it was on sale and discontinued I could persuade him to let me stock up.

• 2 weeks later...

hmm...Joann's in Fort Lauderdale had 5 or 6 colors and plenty of stock, and no one there admitted knowledge of the aforementioned discontinuance. (legal speak, no???). I bought 4 skeins just to be sure. My sis is due in July and I think cotton ease is perfect for kids as it is easy to take care of. Didn't want to be caught out with no yarn!! :eek

Archived