CAL newbie

jingerelle

Am I the only newbie on here who's never done a CAL? They sound like so much fun, but I just joined and I think it's too late in the game to join any. And besides that, I wouldn't know where to start. Are there any CAL just for newbies? Just wondering!

:think

A CAL is a "crochet a long" and you can join most of them at any time. I'm in several & am a CAL addict. :devil

There is the Look Up in the Sky CAL to finish UFO's. There's the Happy House CAL for quilt type afghans. Hmmm....what else? :think Oh, there's the ME CAL where we are making things just for us. Some of us are making ghans, others totes/bags, others shawls, etc.

We'de love to have ya if you wanna join in on any of them. We are bunch of chatty, friendly ladies so don't be shy. It's just a place where we can all work on something similar so we can ask for help if needed & make great friendships along the way. :manyheart

I agree that some of the CAL's look rather intimidating...several have more tha 1000 posts! But I just jumped into one with both feet first and have been really happy with the wonderful, knowledgeable and encouraging women who were already participating. You will be just fine and will have a great time getting some projects done!

Sara

Don't be shy. Just jump right in. The first post or two will give you information on what the CAL is all about. There's no rule that you have to read all of the posts to join a CAL that's been going on for a while. Just come on in. There is lots of encouragement and lots of nice, caring people in here. Most are ladies, but we have a few gents too. Welcome to Crochetville! :welcome

Am I the only newbie on here who's never done a CAL? They sound like so much fun, but I just joined and I think it's too late in the game to join any. And besides that, I wouldn't know where to start. Are there any CAL just for newbies? Just wondering!

:think

Jingerelle,

I've only been here since October. I joined the group that does the "ME" CAL, Look Up in the Sky, and Every Happy House Need. They are the best. It's addicting. I love this group of women. Friendly and warm. I'm sure the other women are great too. Just jump in and have a ball:jumpyay.

Archived