How do you wear a traingle shawl?

So I'm in the process of making my first triangle shawl and it's almost done. I've been wearing it around the house a bit, just to test drive it and I find myself wearing it an odd way every time.

I always take the ends and tuck them under my arms and behind my back and pin them together back there. That way my arms are covered, but there's nothing across my chest.

I like it this way because it leaves my arms free.

Is this a weird way to do it or is that how some of you wear them?

I wear them two ways:

#1: Centered on my shoulders, with the ends "tied" in the middle of my chest and the V at the small of my back. It restricts arm movement somewhat but I can still type/use the computer/etc, and looks nice.

#2: (did this at a wedding I attended/helped with last weekend) Tied at the left shoulder with the V on my right side. (Granted, it was a black net rocaille beaded thread shawl I made, so it was light.) Was cute that way.

The way you are wearing your shawl is sometimes refered to as a 'working shawl'. I like that because I'm active with my arms.

I have a thin shawl I tie in front, and a heavy one I pin, as well as two in between weight ones. My next shawl will be with longer ends to tuck in the way you do.

Archived