Hobby Lobby Buys?????

Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn is a great deal. It comes in so many nice colors.... I wish I'd had more than $20 to spend when I was there last week. Not sure when I'll get to another.....

I'm not so fond of the Vanna's yarn. It seems 'dusty' and not really all that pretty, IMHO.

Have fun on your shopping spree!

I highly recommend I Love This Yarn. It is so soft, works up great, and is much cheaper than Vanna's yarn.

I am making 2 shawls right now using ILTY, they are so soft and the drape is wonderful.

ILoveThisYarn, SimplySoft, VannasFavorite or HomeSpun would be my choices for shawls. I think SS is on sale this week at HL. Also they have a 40% off coupon (good on one item per visit) .. be sure and grab the coupon online in case the store is out.

If you don't have a stitch guide already, you might like to get either a Harmony guide (there's two of them, the first has 300 stitches and the 2nd has 220 more) or Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet. I have both Harmony's and Donna's and they each have their advantages.

Of course, you could also treat yourself to some special hooks or other gadgets (stitch markers, a clicker to count stitches, crochet rulers, cute tape measures.. etc.)

Have fun!! I'd love a gift cert to a craft store.

I always fall back on Caron Simply Soft yarn. It's just so soft! (and cheep)

I think you should get yourself something you would really like. Maybe some new hooks, or some yarn holders/bins/totes... Something like that! That's what I would want to do.

As already mentioned, SS is on sale this week, so I'd definately get some now if you want it.

Me...I'd wait until "I Love This Yarn" goes on sale. It goes on sale periodically...about once a month. However, I'm not sure when it will go back on sale (it was on sale about a month ago).

Archived