Has anyone made this purse before?

Hello Ladies,

My SIL is having major back surgery in a couple of weeks and I told her instead of flowers and a card I would make her something. She asked for an evening purse for the holidays (in hopes that she's out of bed by then). She wants it black and with beads on it. I like this pattern

but am a little afraid of making something with british instructions. Has anyone make this paticular pattern or have a pattern they love that may be comparable?

Thanks in advance, you ladies are terrific!

I have to smile when I see someone is doubtful about using British terms for crochet. We British have been using your American patterns for years and having to convert stitches in our head as we go along.

If Sheila can crochet an heirloom Christening gown I'm sure she can convert a small pattern like a purse to 'American'.

JMHO. :hug

June

Umme Yusuf,

I really enjoyed reading your blog. I have a daughter that just turned one as well. Your purses are lovely as well as that rug! I love the 2nd purse with the big sequins on the edging, very pretty!

Thanks for sharing!

It is really easy to change the pattern over to American terms.......where it says do a dc...you do a sc, where it says to do a trc you do a dc etc. there are charts on line to convert all the stitches....it may be easier for you to print out the pattern and then go through it changing all the stitches to the American ones, then you just have to read the pattern as you usually would........once you see how easy it is, you won't be afraid anymore! Besides there are always TONS of helpful people here at the 'Ville to get you over the rough spots! I say GO FOR IT! Here is a link to a chart to change the terms......

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/includes/chart_crochetterms.php

Archived