I'm in love ... with an afghan

darski why don't you just do 1 row of squares in a nice soft yarn and use it for a skarf. It would make a beautiful one.

This is true but you would lose that look of all the edges forming that criss-crossed look that you get over a large surface :dreaming.

I made three squares in about 15 minutes yesterday in the pink yarn and I am getting a larger square (6.5mm hook) so I don't think the 111 squares will be that big a deal to get made. I just played with the math and I can get the full squares done in less than 10 hours of crochet. (well there is the need to go get more pink yarn :eek ) Don't y'all feel so bad for me over that one? :rofl

RachelG,

Your link has me wanted to do that afghan as well. It is beautiful. Being an enabler isn't always a bad thing you know.

I'll just tell everyone I'm a helpful enabler. ;)

My mom loves the pansy afghan as well. She'd love it if I had the time to make it. :)

Ooh, I love that afghan, too, Darski! thanks for posting the link. Just connect them in long strips, and it'll feel like you're just making scarf after scarf after scarf. :P Me, I don't mind joining squares. I find it soothing, somehow. Yea, I know, weird. What can I say? That's me, weird. Patty

Well I have 3 rows together :eek

Of course, since it works on the diagonal that is only 9 squares. :wlol

I just discovered that I will have to work in all the ends on individual squares because sl st won't cover them... :sigh

anyway, I have 25 full squares and 1 half square made and as I said, three rows put together.

I think my next post will be in the show and tell thread though. (Whenever that may be)

Archived