my finished waves of color tote

livedinalaska

Thank you, oldbaglady, for this pattern.

My completed tote! I hate hand sewing, so attaching the lining was a major nightmare. My sister's a quilter, so I get all her left over fabric, this is a great use for that. It was a lot of fun picking out a liner, I went for a fun one.

Also my handles didn't end up as nice as the original, but that was the first time I've ever done that alternative rsc...

This was so fun, I've started another one with a J hook so it will be just a bit bigger. I'm hoping to use it to carry my smaller crochet projects.

wavesofautumntote_1.jpg

liner_1.jpg

Your tote turned out beautiful, Anita! Thank you so much for sharing your pics! I love the lining, too! It turned out much nicer than mine did.

I had a hard time, after I did the alternative rsc around the top, slip stitching them together and ended up with a bulge! Any tips?

Thank you so much, everyone!

I had a hard time, after I did the alternative rsc around the top, slip stitching them together and ended up with a bulge! Any tips?

Thank you so much, everyone!

I had a small bulge, too, at the join, but I corrected it when I wove my ends in by pulling it tight. The bulge isn't quite so noticiable then. I had the same problem with the regular RSC stitch. I'd love to hear suggestions from anyone else about that problem.

Archived