A prettier fasten off method?

Does anyone use a better fasten off method besides the usual, pull the tail through the last loop and pull tight?

I hate the way that looks and wondered if anyone had a better method that also ensures the work doesn't come apart. If you do, please show pics or a link so we can see. Thanks!

Yes, there is a nice way to finish off that hides the end so you don't see it. I have it printed out at home. It's on one of the cancer awareness afghan directions. If I can't locate it here (I think it's on the seeking patterns forum), I'll find it when I get home from work tonite.

Here's the link: http://www.crochetcabana.com/charity/cancer-rib-filet-afg-w-chart.pdf

Page 1, under Special Stitches.

I pull mine tight, very tight. Then I weave in the end so it pulls it under some stitches. Also when I crochet an edging (if there is one) that usually solves the problem of the "knot" of the end. Or even if it is the edgings, again, I weave it under and pull it tight before I knot and weave some more, so my "knots" are all under other sttiches.

When I am done with the last stitch I crochet 2 chains cut yarn and pull hook on up and yarn comes out of the stitch at that point I take my thumb nail and make it the stitch which will become a knot now,,,go all the way down. Its a tight knot and very tiny and easy to hide along the edges of my work. When you do the border it covers it.

Does anyone use a better fasten off method besides the usual, pull the tail through the last loop and pull tight?

I hate the way that looks and wondered if anyone had a better method that also ensures the work doesn't come apart. If you do, please show pics or a link so we can see. Thanks!

I think what you want is the one shown on Crochet Cabana

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/invisible-finish.htm

HTH! :)

Archived