Looking for Crete-Greece crochet graphs or patterns on web site- or books

sunnywolfgar

Question

I have been trying to find crochet patterns from Greece or Crete—Greece.

Not having any luck. Hoping that you all on the other hand know so many sites for patterns maybe you know of some Greece patterns on the net or even sites,, books. I'l take what you know but hoping they are symbols as I cannot read their language but I do have that translater site. We just got back from my husband Air Force Crete 3 rd Reunionin Mississippi in Gulfport. I would like to find something of Crete or Greece in crochet. Hoping you have something or anything to get me in that direction. I've searched the net and keep coming up with nothing in crochet. Just history about Greece or Crete. Not quite what I am looking for-- lol. I'm looking for crochet patterns. Hopefully doilies.

Hopeing someone knows something.

5 answers to this question

Here is a catalog with a lot of antique craft books

http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/completelist.htm

I gave you this page in case you want to browse other books (I've spent hours there :) ). It's alphabetically arranged by author, scroll down about halfway to the one titled

"Kettelle, Mrs. F.W., ed. The Priscilla Filet Crochet Book No. 2". Starting at page 27, there are a couple of large filet pieces that feature classical toga'd ladies. Not sure if they are Greek or Roman.

These would be large, ambitious projects, but might give you inspiration of how you could turn a Greek painting you like into a more managable sized piece with the graph link the Empress gave you.

Archived