Michael's - Vanna's Yarn of Sale for $2

I got a flyer this past Thursday from Michael's that said Vanna's yarn will be on sale starting Sunday, Oct 14th for $2 a skein! I was already planning my Sunday morning around the opening of the store near me, and then I got my Sunday paper and coupons (home delivery delivers half the Sunday paper in Baltimore on Saturday with the coupons, and the other half on Sunday) today and the same flyer was in the coupons, but it didn't list the Vanna yarn on sale at all much less for $2. I wonder what happened? I tore out the 40% coupon from the first flyer but didn't save the rest. I've still going to check it out, but did anyone else see the same flyer? I'm in Maryland, I don't know if every Michael's has the same sales every week. Just curious. :(

I know this weeks flyer, ending today had Vanna's yarn on sale for 2 for $5.00 look online Sunday to see what they have on sale. If it's in the flyer online I would print it and take it with me to Michaels. I'm in NY and I don't know if the flyer is the same all over.

I know this weeks flyer, ending today had Vanna's yarn on sale for 2 for $5.00 look online Sunday to see what they have on sale. If it's in the flyer online I would print it and take it with me to Michaels. I'm in NY and I don't know if the flyer is the same all over.

Yes we had on sale 2 for $5 this week also, that's why I was surprised that they had it on sale cheaper next week! I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know!

My dad and I just got a copy of tomorrows early paper. They publish the paper around 8 or 9 the night before the paper actually comes out, and then they'll have another (updated) paper come out again in the morning. (we also get it delivered too)

The Michael's ad in the early paper says that Red Heart is on sale 2 for $4.

Lion Brand Quick & Thick is on sale 2 for $10. There's also a sale for Red Heart Soft and Caron SS but I cant remember what they said it was on sale for.

Since we get the paper twice on sundays, I have two of the 40% off coupons. I cant wait to go to Michael's tomorrow just to see what kind of crochet/knitting accessories I can find to use the coupons on.

Just opened our paper and they have:

Red heart Super Saver 2 for $4

Red Heart Soft Yarn and Caron SS--2 for $5

Lion Brand Wool Ease and Thick and Quick---2 for $10

No Vanna's sale. Will check it out online!

Debbie

uwcheese

Online has the same ad......Oh well, just as well. Gotta stop buying and buying yarn!!!!

Debbie

uwcheese

But...but...but why????????????? It's sooooooo much fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. :devil

Last week Joann.com had Vanna's yarn on sale for 2.49 with a 10% discount on top of that if you ordered six or more skeins. And shipping was free for orders over $35. I ordered 21 skeins to make two afghans for Christmas using patterns from her most recent books. Can't wait for my order to arrive. :c9 I love her colors. Not sure when the sale ends...wish I had more money! :(

>> I cant wait to go to Michael's tomorrow just to see what kind of crochet/knitting accessories I can find to use the coupons on. <<

Erin - you are soooo lucky that your Michael's allows you to use more than one coupon on the same visit / day.

The one here absolutely does NOT allow that, permitting only ONE coupon per customer per DAY!

At first, customers with more than one coupon would be told they could only use ONE coupon per VISIT. Well, of course, we regular customers took that to mean "go out to your car to put your first coupon purchase in the trunk, then go back into the store and buy the next item with the second coupon before going home!" :-)

Needless to say, the store noticed what was happening after awhile, so then decreed that the SAME customer could use only ONE coupon per DAY! :-(

Well! Now, most of us savvy (mark that as "serious") customers never go into the store alone anymore -- we make sure to have enough extra cash handy to give to one of our kids, along with the one item to use with the extra coupon, and send them thru the same check-out line stationed one or two customers ahead of ourselves! Mine then waits for me near the front of the check-out stations. ;-)

I usually save these types of "family" shopping trips for when the items I want are the really expensive things that I could not otherwise find a good savings on, like a new crochet book.

Of course, bribery sometimes plays a part -- at least for me -- which I happily pay my DD by way of stopping somewhere to pick up a copy of her favorite magazine or for a fruit smoothie on the way home, something I'd be doing anyway! :-D

I don't understand what the difference is.....if a person gets more than 1 coupon~so what? Are the coupons not printed to be used?? Here in our town they often times throw a paper on Wednesdays that has some of the extra flyers in it ~ and we sometimes get the next weeks sales ad.

I take my coupons into the store and use my debit card for each purchase! Yea sometimes they look at me funny~but don't put the coupons out unless you want people to use them.

It also helps to make friends with the manager too~she will often times give me coupons. :hug

I like the idea of having your kids help you in checking out your stuff. :yes

mgf~:yay

>> I cant wait to go to Michael's tomorrow just to see what kind of crochet/knitting accessories I can find to use the coupons on. <<

Erin - you are soooo lucky that your Michael's allows you to use more than one coupon on the same visit / day.

The one here absolutely does NOT allow that, permitting only ONE coupon per customer per DAY!

Who said they were letting me use two coupons at the same time?? ;)

First I go up to the Michael's by my house...AND THEN, I'll drive to the other Michael's that's 5 miles down the road in my old neighborhood and do more shopping. :eek:D:manyheart

Of course, if I take my parents with me, I hand my dad some money and the coupon, and whatever I'm buying and he'll get it for me. I make sure to go to a separate checkout if I can tho.

I *did* need a book. Didn't have coupon so I asked the cashier about extra coupons. Of course, they had none. I told her, in a cheery voice, "that's okay, I'll come back tomorrow with the new one and return and repurchase my item with the next coupon". She gave me the 40%.

:hook

You know, at least at Hobby Lobby, they put the coupon online too so you can print as many as you want. Then recruit your dh to buy the other item. I'm a regular there, though, so I think they'd let me use two anyway.

Archived