A new way to do a beginning ch when working in the round

I just thought I'd share something new I've been doing for a beginning chain when working in the round, I've been using the foundation sc method found here. http://serendipity.gpvm.com/no_chain.html I start with a regualr sc in the first stitch and then start using this method 'til I have 2 sc for hdc, 3 sc for dc, and so on. I haven't tried it for a turning ch yet but I suppose it might work for that too. Try it out and let me know what you think!

I'm confused. What is this used for?

The no chain foundation row is usually used in place of a chain and first row of stitches when starting a project. What I'm suggesting is to use it also instead of a regular ch 2 or 3 in place of your first stitch when working in the round. This eliminates the holes left on either side of the chain because it is thinner than an actual stitch.

I saw this once, but I'm too afraid to try. I'm still trying to master the magic ring that's so popular. :D

I love the magic ring. once you get used to it, super easy. I also use the making your ch 3 fatter technique on a blanket right now. it so totally rocks!!

Ok, I bite. What is the ch 3 fatter technique? Sounds interesting!

This is one way to get that fatter turning chain... it takes a while to get to it on the video but worth while to get there...

One quick question about working in the round. I see two ways where I work in the round. For grannies, I work in the round rather than back and forth but it is also working in the round to do the bottom of a sweater (or such) . Which did you have in mind or where you thinking of both?

I might try this technique to start a square :think:think:think

Either way really, or any time you're using a starting ch, even working in rows. I have another method that works well for rows though but not for rounds so that was why I said it was for working in the round.

One quick question about working in the round. I see two ways where I work in the round. For grannies, I work in the round rather than back and forth but it is also working in the round to do the bottom of a sweater (or such) . Which did you have in mind or where you thinking of both?

I might try this technique to start a square :think:think:think

Archived