Asphyxiation Choker - Has anyone done this one ?

SJ2B

I think I'm a 'plonker' cos the pics look pretty easy to follow but its the instructions I'm having trouble with so if I just look at the pics then I should be ok.

Still has anyone else done it ?

I havent done it yet, though its in my "to do" stack... Just a suggestion: the instructions may be for US crochet stitches. I notice you are in the UK, and I believe that the US instructions and UK instructions differ just a small bit... like what we can a single crochet, you guys call a double? This site offers some explanation: http://www.yarnfwd.com/crochet.html

Hope that helps!!

It was easier for me to follow the pictures more than the written instructions, too. BUT my problem with this choker is that I must have an awfully short neck. When I tried this pattern using the required hook, it came out HUGE!. So I tried a smaller hook and it still seems too big. I guess this is one choker that will not find it's way to my neck.

Oh thanks girls !

At least I know that to some extent its the pattern and not me LOL

I'll certainly try it with a smaller hook and keep an eye on the sizing whilst doing it. Hopefully I'll get it done for Halloween

Oh yes thanks for the US/UK conversion tips, much appreciated.

I tried this well, and it was huge! I used a smaller hook that recommended too.

I posted about it, and someone suggested after each stitch made, that I pull the thread, to tighten it. that if i do this it throughout making the choker, it will make tighter. I love the look of this choker. I don't know anything about blocking though......

Archived