CAL - Baby It's Cowled Outside!

taligator

I am embarking on the Baby, It's Cowled Outside project and would like to have some company.

I have a goal to finish this project by month's end but by Christmas at the latest.

Baby, It's Cowled outside is featured in CrochetMe magazine and is done with a fingering weight yarn. It is a mostly lacy pattern so it should work up very quickly.

I am using Louet Gems in a cream color. The pattern itself uses Opal Sock Yarn. Gauge isn't important in the pattern so I'm sure you could use another weight of yarn but it would be heavier.

Any takers?

Tracey

Hey, I'm game. I have some really nice alpaca that would look great. This should go really fast. I have a scarf I'm finishing... should be done with that in no time. Once that's done, I'll start this! :yay

Exciting! Thanks for joining! I haven't seen this pattern mentioned much at all on this forum and I think it's beautiful. I'm surprised that nobody has been doing it.

I'll work on it this weekend and post some pictures of my progress.

Keep me posted on how you are finding the pattern. I started working on it on Monday and was confused but I was also sick so after looking at it again, it seems much clearer when I'm not sick.

I have printed the pattern and I would love to start one for my mom. she doesn't like to be bundled up so this might just work for her. I am finishing a couple of baby blankets and starting a kitty quilt, but I am looking for a car project. I crochet when I am waiting for the kids to come out from school. It need to be something small so this is perfect. I just need to buy more yarn. yeah. well see ya soon:manyheart

Hi britt!

Welcome to the CAL. This is also for my Mom. I don't think it's something I'd wear myself .. it's a bit girly for me. :)

But, I'm definitely looking forward to finishing it so that I can try it on .. it might surprise me!

The hardest part for me so far was joining the round so that it wasn't twisted. I told my Mom she might get the mobius version. :)

I also started t this CAL over on the CrochetMe board so if you see it there and here .. it's the same person. :)

Tracey

ok I got my yarn and I think I will start it sometime this weekend or I will start on monday. I am almost finished wtih my baby blankets. I got a white pomadore. I think it will turn out nice we shall see:manyheart

:interestOk, I'm in. I love scarves and this one is neat in that it can be worn to adorn an outfit and not necessarily to keep your neck warm Yay, I'm excited--this is my first CAL :) I just might get started this weekend too!

I think I'll join too. I printed that pattern out a long time ago but have never gotten around to doing it. I have some unidentified lightweight yarn in pale green. I just hope I'll have enough. There's nothing worse than going three quarters of the way through a project to find out you don't have enough yarn!

Welcome everyone! I'm excited to have others joining me on this project. I think the pattern is great and I'm so surprised that I haven't seen anybody working on it!

Karin - you can make this as tall as you'd like, so if you start to get low on yarn just finish it off instead of continuing to work the pattern. It'll be thinner and maybe not as scrunchy but I bet it'll look great!

ok I started did anyone have problem with row 4 i ended up having to frog it and start with row 1 again just to make sure I didn't do something wrong. I am working on it again today so I will let you know how it is going. Have a great day.:manyheart

I haven't started mine yet... soon, though. I finished a scarf I was working on and now have to select the yarn for the Cowl... I think I want to use either white or offwhite... Lord knows I have enough in my stash to select from!

Ooooooooooo, Tali... I just looked at the yarn you are going to use... YUMMY! I love merino!

Karin, I think this is one of those patterns that if you run out of yarn, it's no big deal... your cowl would just be a little less cowly!

I wonder how this would work with fancy fur? I have some of that stuff that I would like to use up just for the sake of using it (although it is not my favorite to use). I think I may give it a try one of these days and see.

:mdust Hi, I have been keeping my eyes on this pattern and I might decide to make it since I am about finish with one of my WIP. It makes a different looking neck scraf and I like how it look around the neck. So I might be joining in. What type of yarn is everyone using????

I'm almost finished another CAL (just one more round to go!) and I'll be starting on this one. I'm glad someone else mentioned fun fur...I got some Bernat Bling Bling on sale at Michael's last weekend for $1 a skein! Might try it in that but I'm not sure if the stitches in the pattern will work up well with a novelty yarn....

Kim

:c9 morning everyone, Just dropping by to let you know that last night I started on the cowl. So far I did my 169 chains and started row 1, then I went to sleep. :devil I am using Bernat Softee Baby which is a fingering weight yarn in white. This yarn calls for a size G hook which is what I am using. I hope that I will enjoy crocheting this pattern. What type of yarn is everyone using?????

I would love to join in if thats ok. I haven't been on for a while and I feel a little out of the loop with all things crochet, moved house and have only just started unpacking the crafty bits. So I am crocheting string bags for Christmas(making jams etc as gifts) and so this lovely cowl and thought of my friend, Anna, in the UK. She would love something like this and I think I will use my DD2.5 as a model and try to make a smaller one for her DD2.5, scarves on little kids are a no no but i think this will be perfect!

Took me a bit, but I started my cowl today. Red Bernat SOX sock weight yarn (I bought a lot of this when they discontinued it). I figured red would be nice for the holidays. I am just close to finishing the first round--getting my feet wet so to speak, taking a break here at the Ville and I'll continue tomorrow. I just wanted to get it started....I had been working on a scarf for my daughter's friend, and teaching knitting at lunch hour...so I'm a bit craft heavy these past few days...but I feel good to have this begun, especially since it is my first CAL!!!! and I don't want to be left in the weeds...lol It looks pretty already, nice and lacy. I can tell the folks thinking about using fun fur that the pattern might be lost in furriness. Oh, I'm using a D hook, the size called for in the pattern; it works fine with sock weight yarn. Yay us. Hugs, Donna

Took me a bit, but I started my cowl today. Red Bernat SOX sock weight yarn (I bought a lot of this when they discontinued it). I figured red would be nice for the holidays. I am just close to finishing the first round--getting my feet wet so to speak, taking a break here at the Ville and I'll continue tomorrow. I just wanted to get it started....I had been working on a scarf for my daughter's friend, and teaching knitting at lunch hour...so I'm a bit craft heavy these past few days...but I feel good to have this begun, especially since it is my first CAL!!!! and I don't want to be left in the weeds...lol It looks pretty already, nice and lacy. I can tell the folks thinking about using fun fur that the pattern might be lost in furriness. Oh, I'm using a D hook, the size called for in the pattern; it works fine with sock weight yarn. Yay us. Hugs, Donna

I've been trying the pattern with some of the yarns I already have and they are all too thick....I need to get a sock or sport weight yarn. I really want to get that nice light lacy look like you have!

Kim

:manyheart Morning everyone, this week I also started my cowl, it is baby yarn by Bernat and I am using a size G needle. I did finish the first round and the stitch is light and lacy. I am thinking before I go further in crocheting this if I want a color besides white, but it is so hard to find a fingering weight yarn with any nice colors. I enjoy working on this for it is nice easy fine delicate crocheting.

I bought Patons Beehive Baby Sport yarn in a color called Vintage Lace. It's a nice soft white.:c9 I'm going to get started on this on Monday. :clap I'm looking forward to doing something with a small hook...everything I've made lately has been with big hooks.:hook

Kim

Archived