Snowflake (I know, in April?...) :)

Mom w/a Motif

I finished my first snowflake. I didn't know if I should post this here or in the Crochet-Alongs- (I didn't see it over there, though....) Maybe under "Thread CAL"?...I didn't take a picture yet, I still have to stiffen it and put glitter on it... BTW, does anyone know what KIND of glitter to use? I have glitter, but it's embossing glitter (to make cards with). Do I need a special kind? But anyway it's this one: http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/picsnow.html

I can see this becoming an obsession! It's an instant gratification project, that's for sure. ;)

Tina

timelesscreations.blogspot.com

I'm not sure about using embossing glitter, that might get kind of messy - but then I'm not familiar with that type at all so I should let someone who is answer that. I can't wait to see it Tina, I love snowflakes too! And hey, I've been making snowflakes nearly every week so far this year. Good for you for making them in April, if you keep up with it you'll have a nice amount of them for Christmas. :U

Thank you Tina! :2blush:hug

I used clear glitter, just regular old glitter. I liked it because it shows the sparkle without looking silvery (which looks black at some angles). Now I'm using iridescent lurex which is a thin, sparkly thread I carry with the white thread as I go. I like that much better than glitter because number one, I can't make a mess with it. I'm just clutzy enough to have a couple of near catastrophic glitter accidents. :eek

That sounds like a good idea, esp. with a two year old in the house.... I can just imagine the messes.... (I have all my glitter and glue in storage right now...) Maybe I will get some Lurex... Thanks, Julie!:)

Tina

I can see this becoming an obsession! It's an instant gratification project, that's for sure. ;)

Yay, Tina! :clap

I love snowflakes! Like Julie, I use lurex now -- I used to make a huge mess with glitter. :blush I still make a mess with the Stiffy, but much less of one!

Join us in devoting Mondays to snowflakes. :) It was Julie's idea originally, but then a number of us started doing Snowflake Mondays as well. Julie even made a button for it -- I like it, it's keeping me on track for making a number of snowflakes for the holidays. Also, there's a snowflake CAL that Gina is hosting... :)

Yay, snowflakes! :flake

I already joined the Snowflake CAL!:clap I have the button on my blog already, too.:) I don't know if I will be able to commit to Snowflake Mondays, though. I could try, but with three kids....:think I am already looking for snowflake pattern number two, though...:P

Tina

I already joined the Snowflake CAL!:clap I have the button on my blog already, too.:)

Yep, I saw that shortly after I replied when your post came through on bloglines! :clap Woohoo! :)

Snowflake Mondays has been helping me get one snowflake done a week -- I can usually find an hour in my Monday to sit down and finish one snowflake. :)

Ok, I am just starting to get into thread crochet,:lol so I will try snowflakes before long. I did make one of those pretty butterflys we saw on a bookmarker not long ago. Crochet pattern central has many, many snowflake patterns.:cheer

Archived